Fire Ants And How To Declare War On Them
The Fire Ant , Our Enemy
In this video you'll find many ways to keep ants out of your house.
This is the video you need to watch if you want to rid your yard of fire ants. Everything you need to know about getting rid of fire ants is in this video.
Disturbing a Fire Ant Mound, Not Something We Would Suggest You Do.
Fire Ants And How To Get Rid Of Them
The Fire Ant came to the United States around 1930 in shipments of old tires shipped to Mobile Alabama. And the rest is really history. Fire Ant bites and stings are very painful to humans and pets. In some areas of the southeastern USA fields and yards are covered with the fire ant mounds. If the fire ant has come to your neighborhood you probably want to know what you can do to get rid of the critters and that is what we are going to do is tell you how you can declare war on fire ants.
Before Its News
More Information On Ants
Ants leave their scent and follow trails. The best way to prevent this is to wash any ant trail you see with a solution made out of 50 percent white vinegar and 50 percent water. If you see an ant trail spray it with the vinegar solution. If you see one or two ants in your house kill them as soon as possible. One or two ants by themselves are likely scout ants. Kill them or they will be back with more ants.
How To Keep Ants Out Of Your House
1. Keep everything super clean. Spray trash cans with a strong bleach solution to keep the ants from feeding on anything in the trash can.
2. Wash drink cans out with water before you throw them away. This will keep the ants from feeding on the soda remains in the can or cans.
3. Set your pet dishes in larger water filled dishes to keep the ants away from your pets food.
4. If you have a bad ant problem feed your cats or dogs and then wash and dry the water and food dishes. Deny the ants food and you will keep the ants out of your house.
5. Plant peppermint in containers around your home to keep away ants and mice. Ants and mice do not like peppermint.
6. Keep tree branches and bushes cut way back so they do not not touch your house. This is how ants, spiders, and mice find their way into your home. Deny them access to your house.
7. Spray a barrier of peppermint oil around your house to keep away ants, spiders, and mice. Add about 16 drops of peppermint oil to a gallon of water.
8. Fill any cracks or holes coming into your house with caulk. Fill even the smallest holes and cracks. This will deny ants, spiders, and mice access into your house.
9. Keep your house super clean to keep down on ants, roaches, and mice. Be sure to keep sinks and counters very clean. Wash your counters and sinks down with a strong bleach solution.
10. If you have a leaking faucet get it fixed. Deny ants water and they will go elsewhere.
11. Wash outdoor trash cans out with a strong bleach solution on a regular basis.
12. If you see a trail of ants in your house spray them with a vinegar and water solution. Make it a 50/50 solution. Do the same thing if you see them outside.
13. Fill outdoor cracks with talcum powder to keep the ants away.
14. If you have an ant problem dry your sinks with a towel to keep them super dry at all times to deny the ants access to water.
15. You can mix together a solution made out of 1 tablespoon dish detergent, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, and 1 quart of water in a spray bottle. If you see ants coming in the house or already in the house spray them with the solution. Spray a barrier across doorways, and in window sills to keep ants out of your house.
16. Ants will not cross a line made out of cinnamon. Use powdered cinnamon to keep ants out of your house.
17. Mix a fourth cup of corn syrup and two tablespoons of borax powder. Put a few drops of this solution in the center of an index card and put the card out where you see ants. This will kill ants like nothing else ever will.
18. Look for where the ants are coming into your house. Once you find it put talcum powder in the hole or crack and then fill the hole or crack with caulk. Do this with even the smallest cracks and holes. You want to deny the ants a path into your house.
19. Remember ants do not like cinnamon, peppermint oil, black pepper, and talcum powder. All of these things will keep away ants. Ants don't like any of these things.
20. Dip bay leaves in mint mouth wash and put them anywhere you see ants.
21. If a window air conditioner becomes a home to ants spray it full of talcum powder. It will get rid of the ants.
Here is the recipe to get rid of all the ants in your yard or home quickly and pesticide free.
Fire Ant Control Methods
Method 1. Borax Acid and Sugar
In a pot ( You want to use an old one ) place 1 gallon of water. Into this pot place 8 oz of powder borax acid and 8 oz of granulated white sugar. Bring to a boil and then turn off. Stir it very well and let cool. Into the pot place cotton balls using something to push the cotton balls under the water. Go around your yard and drop one or two cotton balls soaked with the borax acid and sugar water mixture on to the top of each fire ant mound.
Method 2. Cinnamon and Orange Juice.
Buy a large container of cinnamon and mix it into a gallon of orange juice. Mix it together very well. Go around your yard and wet the top of each fire ant mound.You can sprinkle dry cinnamon around your yard and the fire ants will leave your yard. They can not stand cinnamon. And believe it or not but oranges and orange juice is toxic to them.
Method 3. Instant Grits And Sugar
Here is what I consider the best method. And you must use instant grits. Only instant grits will work. The long cook grits will not work. Take a large bag of instant grits and add an equal amount of sugar to the grits. Sprinkle the mixture on to the top of every fire ant mound. It will kill the fire ants and you can hurry the process along by taking a few sponges and cutting them up. Soal them with water and drop them onto the top of your grits and sugar mixture. The fire ants will eat the grits and explode. I have wiped out large fire ant mounds with this method.
The Queen Fire Ant
How to Get Rid of Fire Ants
How to Eliminate Ants
Hot Boiling Water Kills Fire Ants
Boiling Water will kill fire ants. If you only have a few mounds to get rid of this is a great method. You want to take a shovel or garden rake and cut a hole in the top of the mound just before you bring the boiling water. Pour the boiling water into the hole you created. Wait a day or two and if necessary repeat your attack. It will work. And if you like after pouring in your boiling water you could hit them with the grit method. You will destroy the mound and the surviving fire ants will leave your yard. If not simply repeat until you see no fire ants.
Another thing you can do is mix apple cider vinegar 1 quart to one gallon of water and spray a perimeter around your yard. The scent of the vinegar messes up the ants sense of smell and will confuse them badly. You can keep most ants out of your house with this method. Find where they are entering your house and spray the area heavy with the vinegar water. And yes apple cider vinegar works best.
Baby powder sprinkled on any ant mound will destroy part of the mound and confuse the hell out of the ants. Any type of baby powders will mess up the ants sense of smell.And the more you can confuse fire ants the better off you will be.
When your after fire ants and you don't want to use commercial pesticides you really have to declare war on the ants and use every method you can to get rid of the ants. The methods on this page will work but you want to stick to these methods and you will be successful in getting rid of your fire ant population.
Post Your Comments About Fire Ants Below Now.
© 2009 Thomas Byers