Fokk University Entrance Exam and Answers
Fokk University Entrance Exam
Have you have heard about Fokk University – the institution of higher learning that graduates fondly refer to as Fokk U? Note: if you have been living on another planet and are not aware of this fine, felicitous fount of universal knowledge, you are invited to read “Fokk University.”
The demand for matriculation has been so tremendous, we have been forced for the first time in our history to require applicants to take an entrance exam. Yes, it is legal to do so as long as we give the same identical test to every candidate. In order not to deprive any worthwhile applicant of this collegial opportunity, our Board of Directors has authorized the publication of said entrance exam together with relevant information to assist deprived, yea, even depraved, potential students.
Take the Fokk University Entrance Exam
Please find a sheet of paper to post your answers to these 16 questions. First, place the numbers 1 through 16 upon your paper in a vertical manner. Write each of your answers down next to the appropriate number. These questions have been validated by the honorable Dimitrius De Greek, Professor of PseudoScience, Fock U.
Each question has been devised to test your perception, reasoning and the quickness of your logical processing. They are stated simply so answer them quickly. Do not take more than 10 seconds to answer each question.
1. What is the most common use for cowhide?
2. You are a runner in a foot race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?
3. If you overtake the last person, then you are . . . ?
4. This is a simple arithmetic question. Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator.
Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. Quickly, what is the total?
5. Mary's father has five daughters - Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono, and . . . . . What is the name of the fifth daughter?
6. A mute woman goes into a store and wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing her teeth, she successfully expresses herself to the salesperson and purchases the toothbrush. Next, a blind man comes into the shop who wants to buy a pair of sunglasses. How does he indicate what he wants?
7. This was my old telephone number: 314 ... 159 ... 2654 ... What does it remind you of?
8. What kind of cheese is made backwards?
9. How many animals of each species did Moses take with him in the Ark?
10. Some months have 30 days. Some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
11. A dairy farmer owned 38 cows, and all but 7 died. How many were left?
12. If you had only one match and entered a very cold, dimly-lit room where there was a kerosene lamp, an oil heater, and a wood-burning stove, which would you light first?
13. Is it legal for a man to marry his widow’s half-sister?
14. This is an unusual paragraph. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so common you might think nothing at all was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Study it and think about it. You still may not find anything odd, so work at it a bit, Why is it so unusual?
15. What word has been mispelled in this entrance exam?
Famous Fokk Folks
Follow the directions for each statement and drbj will read your mind.
16 – This multi-part question has several directions. Write down your two final answers opposite number 16 on your paper.
a- Think of a number from 1 to 10.
b- Multiply that number by 9.
c- If the number is a 2-digit number, add the digits together.
d- Now subtract 5.
e- Determine which letter in the alphabet corresponds to the number you ended up with. Example: A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, D = 4, etc.
f- Now think of a European country that starts with that letter.
g- Remember the last letter of the name of that country.
h- Think of the name of an animal that starts with that letter.
i- Remember the last letter in the name of that animal.
j- Think of the name of a fruit that starts with that letter.
k- Remember the last letter in the name of that fruit.
l- Think of a large animal that starts with that letter. Write down the name of that animal.
m- What color is that animal? Write down the color of that animal.
Read the following sentence quickly just once and count every f.
‘Finished files are the result of years of scientific study combined with the experience of years.’
How many ‘f’s did you find? Write the number down.
We believe in the “Honor System” here at Fokk University, so we are certain you will not read the answers before you finish this exam. Keep in mind that drbj has the power to read your mind!
Take a short recess. Are you aware that much of what we know just ain’t so. How about this familiar adage, “The lion is the king of the jungle.”
Is he? Take a look at this video.
Will you still believe that the lion is the king of the jungle after viewing this video?
Answers to Part One
1. Did your answer include something made of leather? Like a wallet, belt or shoes? WRONG! The most common use for cowhide is to cover the cow and hold the insides in.
2. If you answered that you are now first, WRONG! If you overtake the second person, then you take his or her place, YOU are in second place!
3. Did you answer that you are now second to last? WRONG! How is it possible for you to overtake the LAST person in the first place?
4. Did you answer 5,000? WRONG! The correct answer is actually 4,100. Try it again – this time with your calculator.
5. Did you Answer Nunu? Good choice. But WRONG! The daughter’s name is Mary. Read the question again.
6. Ready? The blind man speaks and asks for sunglasses.
7. The answer is pi. In mathematics, a transcendental number, approximately 3.14159, represented by the symbol for pi expresses the ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.
8. The answer is EDAM cheese – it is “made” spelled backwards.
9. The answer is NONE. It was Noah on the Ark, not Moses.
10. The correct answer is 12 or all of them. Every month has at least 28 days. Unless Congress passes another bill.
11. Simple. We told you. “All but 7 died.” So 7 were left!
12. The match.
13. It is IMPOSSIBLE. If the man had a widow he would be dead.
14. Did you figure out why that paragraph is unusual? Why it is odd? There is no ‘e’ in that paragraph.
15. The word is . . . (drum roll here) . . . ‘misspelled’.
Answers to Part Two
16. The answers are . . . are you ready for me to read your mind? The answers are ‘gray elephant’. Don’t applaud; just send money.
Answer to Bonus Question
There are six ‘f’s. Really! Read it again! Research (probably funded by the government) indicates that for some unknown reason our brains find it difficult to process the ‘f’ in the word, ‘of’
Scoring Your Answers
Give yourself one point for each correct answer. The two answers for question #16 are worth ½ point each. Now add your correct answers.
15 – 16 correct Rocket scientist
12 – 14 correct High school student
9 – 11 correct Kindergarten student
6 – 8 correct Teacher
3 – 5 correct University professor
0 -- 2 correct Member of Congress
On the bonus question. Anyone who counts all 6 ‘f’s on the first try is a genius. Finding 4 is rare. 3 is normal.
- Fokk University
Fokk University is often referred to affectionately by its graduates as Fokk U.
- Aerobatics at DRBJs Fokk University
Just like in the WWII movies, the small Cessna screamed spinning vertically towards the ground, turning around and around itself on its own axis. Its nose seemed determined to hit a very specific spot...
- Tshirts and tshirts and tees
History of T-shirts. So, who invented the T-shirt? Once upon a time in merrie olde England, in a rustic cottage in a small village in winter time, a husband felt chilled and called to his wife, Old woman, bring me ...
If you scored 16 correct, you are Fokk U material. Welcome!
If your score is less than 16, do not despair. You may take the Fokk entrance exam over again. And again. And again. Let these quotes guide you:
If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style. – Quentin Crisp
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried. – Author Unknown
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then give up. There's no use in being a damn fool about it. – W.C. Fields
If at first you do succeed – try to hide your astonishment. – Author Unknown
Source: "Lion" video, "Amazing Videos," Tim Blackstone. Thank you, Tim.
© Copyright BJ Rakow 2010, 2013 Rev. All rights reserved. Author, "Much of What You Know about Job Search Just Ain't So."
Includes valuable information for older workers, and how to negotiate salary successfully.