How to View the Sky, Mars and Ocean on Google Earth
You can download any of these Google Applications easily and quickly. I have written this article to give you a brief outline of each app so that you can start to take advantage of all these wonderful tools.
You can look at the stars, study planets and galaxies. Look at the satellites live that orbit the earth.
Or with Google Ocean you can focus your eyes and research downward and visit and travel under the oceans of the earth. You can even take a virtual trip online down to the ocean where the ship The Titanic is resting. You can move around the wreck and see it for real!
If you use the Google Moon App then you can see the equipment and the flag left behind after the first Moon Landing in 1969. . There are even still footprints there where Astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong walked on the surface of the moon.
There are great features of the free applications within Google Sky. They are all awesome and easy to use. Download them within Google Earth or from the direct links below
You can look at the terrain on the planet in 3D. Google has included fantastic photos that the Spacecraft MRO had taken from orbiting the Planet. These are the Mars Exploration Rovers named ‘Spirit’ and ‘Opportunity’.
What is Google Mars?
The Spacecraft MRO orbited Mars and the images it sent back to earth are awesome. You can see them here. NASA has many images that have been downloaded by Google Mars for all to enjoy. You can also take a virtual tour of the planet.
Two Mars Exploration Rovers called 'Spirit' and 'Opportunity' were landed on Mars and these have been roaming the planet taking photos for years. You can walk the route that they have taken and see the planet surface with its mountains, volcanoes and other terrain.
- View Google images downloaded by NASA .
- Take an interactive tour of Mars, narrated by Ira Flatow or Bill Nye.
- View 3D rover models and follow their tracks to see high-resolution 360-degree panoramas.
- View famous landmarks on Mars, such as the Face on Mars or Olympus Mons.
- What is Google Earth in Sky Viewing Mode.
- How to download Google Sky, Mars and Moon.
What is Google Sky?
- It lets you view planets, stars, constellations, galaxies and asteroids from your computer.
- You can also chart major satellites and their orbits
- You can take a virtual tour of the Moon and Mars online.
- There are 13, 000 Satellites around Earth and you can see the images that they relay back to earth.
- These images are amazing.
- View these live images on Google Sky any time you want from your computer
Google Moon allows you to view and discover the Moon. There are lots of fantastic images for you to enjoy here too. Many of the images were taken during the Moon Landings over the years and from the spacecraft as they orbited the Moon. They are all available to you from your computer because Google Moon lets you land and walk on the Moon. You can discover the Moon at your leisure.
We have the advantage of the Moon landings and all the images and equipment that was left there. If you want to experience what the landings were like for the astronauts then take a tour that is actually narrated by those very astronauts.
While you are there then take a look at the models of the spacecraft they are talking about in 3D. Awesome! There have also been many spacecraft that have orbited the Moon that have relayed some great information and images.
Explore the Moon with Google Earth
- Take a tour of landing sites on the moon, narrated by Apollo astronauts
- View 3D models of landed spacecraft
- Zoom into 360-degree photos to see astronauts' footprints
- Watch rare TV footage of the Apollo missions
With Google Ocean you can take a trip underwater and visit the oceans of the world and view in 3D. It allows you to view and discover the oceans
Explore the Earth's Ocean Online
- Visit the deepest part of the ocean, the Mariana Trench
- View the ocean with top marine experts, including National Geographic
- Learn about ocean observations, climate change, and endangered species
- Discover new places including surf, dive, and travel hotspots and shipwrecks
Copyright of Google images
Any image on Google Earth is made from copyrighted data. Which under United States Copyright Law, may not be used except under the licenses Google provides. But luckily for us users they allow us to copy and paste the photos onto our Blogs and websites as long as we assign Google Images the credit.
Images on Google Earth
With Google Earth everyone has access to places all over the world for free. The company can do this with Google Earth because they have satellite images of varying resolution of the Earth's surface. Google Earth is now available in thirty seven languages.
With Google Street View they sent cars around every street in the world and took images. You can now view many buildings and structures in fantastic 3D around the world. Images on Google Earth are free to view to anyone with access to a computer and the internet. Google Sky, Mars, Moon and Ocean have many benefits for education and fun.
The very fact that anyone who has access to a computer, the internet and therefore Google can use it to view images all over the world and beyond does bring up the issue of privacy and security. National Security issues have been raised by many countries to Google because Google Earth provides information about military or other critical installations that could be used by terrorists.
Privacy of individuals is also an ongoing debate especially with the Images on Google Street View. But after saying that these apps are already on the internet for all to use. So why not take advantage of them by downloading Google Earth 2010 free. You will be amazed at what is available and the fun you can have.
You have access to all these wonderful free Google applications on your computer. You will be amazed at how awesome they are. I use them all the time. Take a trip to the planet Mars and the Moon online.
Download Google Sky Walk!
You have the whole universe and its galaxies planets and stars at your disposal. Explore what you like when you like from the comfort of your own home online.
If you want to stay closer to home you can travel around the Earth online. The best thing about it is that it is on your laptop for you to use whenever you want.
- Google Earth 6.1 free Download
Click here to download Google Earth 6.1 for PC, Mac, or Linux