What is human kidney?
The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs, each about the size of a fist. They are located just below the rib cage, one on each side of your spine.
Kidneys, ureters, and bladder are part of your urinary tract. You have two kidneys that filter your blood, removing wastes and extra water to make urine.
FOUR MAIN FUNCTION OF KIDNEY
1. Regulation of extracellular fluid volume.The kidneys work to ensure an adequate quantity of plasma to keep blood flowing to vital organs.
2. Regulation of osmolarity.
3. Regulation of concentrations.
4. Regulation of pH.
5. Excretion of wastes and toxins.
6. Production of hormones.
REASON OF DAMAGED KIDNEY
Two leading causes of kidney failure, also called end stage kidney disease or ESRD, are diabetes and high blood pressure. When these two diseases are controlled by treatment, the associated kidney disease can often be prevented or slowed down.
Symptoms of damage kidney?
1. You're more tired, have less energy or are having trouble concentrating.
2. You're having trouble sleeping.
3. You have dry and itchy skin.
4. You feel the need to urinate more often.
5. You see blood in your urine.
6. Your urine is foamy.
7. You're experiencing persistent puffiness around your eyes.
8. Your ankles and feet are swollen.
9. Shortness of breath.
11. Irregular heartbeat
HOW CAN WE KEEP OUR KIDNEY SAFE.
There are several things you can do to keep your kidneys as healthy as possible at every stage of life:
●Hydrate, but don't overdo it.
●Eat healthy foods.
●Use caution with supplements and herbal remedies.
●Don't overdo it with over-the-counter medications.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Akash singh