- Education and Science
Home Schooling vs. Public Education
Home Schooling and Public Education both have their pro’s and con’s. What do you think is better for a child? Take a look at the pro’s and con’s, which could all be debatable, and decide. These are all things that COULD happen, but not necessarily do.
- Can take more firld trips/visits in the community.
- One-on-one instruction
- Comfortable environment
- No bullying
- No long bus ride
- Easier to teach everyday life lessons (doing wash, dishes, dusting, etc.)
- Parents usually are not certified
- Want child to do well so just move them along even if they don’t understand the material
- Lack of structure/routine
- Distractions in the home
- No monitored curriculum
- Lack of peer socialization
- May not be able to take instruction from others well
- Usually less instruction time
- Lack of specialized programs the students could receive in the school
- Lack of discipline
- Same teacher year after year
- Monitored and mandated curriculum
- Certified teachers
- Peer socialization
- Special classes such as gym, music, library, and art
- Discipline system they are held accountable for
- New teacher every year
- Learning support classes with certified teacher
- Special programs and rewards
- Make friends with many people of different ages
- Structured routine
- Shown how to handle their own problems instead of relying on an adult
- Ratio of 20:1 or greater
- Long bus rides
- Viruses picked up easily.
I’ve seen children in both environments, and I’ve seen both sides of the home school products. One student excelled, went to college, and has a job now. The other is in 2nd grade and doesn’t recognize any letters or numbers. Basically, you don’t allow that 2nd grade product to occur if one is taught in the public education system. If they are like that, they go into learning support. I know there are arguments to both sides, but in my opinion, a child belongs in the public education system. What are your thoughts?
Need Additional Information About Education? Check out my links!
Review Games For The Elementary, Middle, & High School
Teachers: Classroom Craft & Art Project Ideas For The Elementary Grades (More Than Just Using Crayons!)
Classroom & Behavior Management Systems For The Elementary Classroom
Top 10 Reasons Why Being An Educator Is Rewarding
What Clearances Do I Need To Teach In PA? How Do I Get Them?
What To Do If Someone You Know Is Being Bullied
Jobs & Activities For Building A Future Teacher's Resume