Real Homework Excuses I Have Heard
Got Difficult Homework? Perhaps You Need An Excuse.
Excuses For Not Doing Or Submitting Homework
Some of these I have heard from GED and college prep students. Others came to me through emails. Some I just made up and cannot use, so perhaps I can rent them out.
For the Teachers...
- I just saw it on the New York Times Bestsellers List, so that means that someone stole it.
- I had better things to do.
- I didn't do it because I didn't want to add to my teacher's heavy workload.
- My mom's whooping cough vaccination wore off and we had to go to the hospital.
- I accidentally divided by zero and my paper burst into flames.
- I hired a paper writing company and they did it in Chinese.
- To the teacher who asks why homework was not turned in on the day due: "You did not ask me for it."
- I could only get arbitrarily close to my textbook. I couldn't actually reach it.
- I needed a mental health day.
- I made a paper plane out of it and it got hijacked.
- My Dad accidentally put it in his briefcase and took it to work.
- I put it in the safe, but lost the combination.
- I have the mathematical proof, but there isn't room to write it in the margin.
- I have a solar powered calculator and it was cloudy that day.
- I left it at Mom's house when she took me back to Dad's house.
- I loaned it to a friend, but he moved away.
- My printer broke and my disk is corrupted. Unfortunately my computer crashed this morning as well.
- I left it in my shirt and my mother put the shirt in the wash.
- My internet access was down (for emailed assignments).
- A sudden wind blew it out of my hand and I never saw it again.
- I was kidnapped by terrorists and they only just let me go, so I didn't have time to do it.
- Another student fell in a lake, and I jumped in to rescue him but unfortunately my homework drowned.
- It was in my back pocket and a pickpocket stole it.
- I left it in a hymn book in the choir loft, having used it to mark my solo.
- I left it in the back of the truck when we went deer hunting.
- My flash drive exploded..
- I dropped it in the toilet accidentally and it got flushed.
- I gave it to a homeless man to line his hat with.
- I fell asleep trying to do it and I just woke up 10 minutes ago and was nearly late for school
- My notebook got stolen in the school cafeteria and it had all my work in it.
Here's a gem! -
- I can't always spell correctly, because I have a neurological deficit. hahaha
© 2007 Patty Inglish MS