- Education and Science»
- Colleges & University
How To kill the New SAT in first attempt?
Hey guys, I'm back with another helpful article (I hope it's helpful). In this article, I'm gonna tell you some tricks which you can use to literally kill the New SAT in the first attempt. But adopt only those tricks, with which you're comfortable.
So firstly, you'll hear almost everyone say that no one can score good on SAT in the first attempt. But, you have to prove them wrong and every individual out there has the potential to do that. So, most important thing is to remove that thought from your mind completely along with all the traces of the thought. Come on man, most people don't even get a single chance to fulfill their dreams. But you've got your chance, so make it count.
Second most import thing is to never ever underestimate the SAT. No matter however easy it may look like, you have to practice. If you're short on sample papers, then contact me. I'll provide you with sample papers. If you're out of new SAT sample papers, then use old SAT sample papers. The content is just partially different and trying those will only make you better. There's no harm in trying the old SAT papers. But keep an eye on the new SAT format and scoring.
Trust me on this one, if you want to score more than a 1500 on the new SAT, then you should be good enough to score more than a 1560 on each and every sample paper you attempt. So PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE without any excuses. And whenever you feel tired of prepping, then just think about your dream and tell yourself that this hard work will definitely pay you off and I can guarantee that.
By the way, you have to prep for the SAT in your free time and create some more time for this. But please don't make your academics and extracurriculars suffer because of this. Because at the end of the day, they're also as important as your SAT scores. Remember that any one section of the college application cannot get you into your dream school, but it's the whole application which makes the difference.
Now here are some tips for the SAT.
- Always complete one whole passage before marking the answers on your answer sheet. Marking in groups can help you save time. But you can mark simultaneously mark the answers on the answer sheet if the time is about to run out.
- Read the passage once to get the hang of it and then it will also make it easier to figure out the portion of the passage from which the question is asked. Moreover, one reading is sufficient for most of the questions.
- When the time is about to run out, then answering the word-definition questions first will help you increase your score.
- Try to eliminate the wrong choices. I'm sure that one or two of the choices in every question will be absurd, and figuring out the best suitable choice is the main game.
- Don't be afraid to guess, there's no penalty for guess. But try to come up with a logic before guessing. Completely random guessing won't do much good to your score.
- Read the questions carefully.
- Reading the whole passage and ruling out errors on the way is a more effective way as you'll be familiar with the context of the passage thus making it easy for you to rule out errors easily and correctly.
- When not much time is left, then attempt the grammatical error questions first as they take less time.
- Again, try marking answers in the group as far as possible.
- Whenever you're stuck, just guess.
- Read the questions carefully.
- Don't be afraid to guess.
- Mark answers in group.
- Don't try to use calculator for every question.
- Read the question carefully.
- If you know any shortcut methods, don't be afraid to use them.
- Don't write your opinion.
- Just provide the detailed breakdown of the article.
- Try to hurry up, it will feel like there's enough time but there isn't. Moreover, it's better to be safe than to be sorry.
- If not much time is left, then the try to cover up the remaining portion covering all the major items of the article.
- Avoid making grammar and spelling mistakes.
General Advice for the Big Day
- Get a good night's sleep the day before the exam.
- Have a light breakfast as you may feel sleepy after heavy breakfast.
- Never Ever miss the breakfast.
- Carry some light snacks to the test center. You can have them during breaks.
- Carry at least 4-6 no.2 pencils, 2 erasers, and 2 pencil sharpeners.
- Don't carry a watch which makes noise.
- Leave your phone and other gadgets with your parents.
- Lastly, Don't Panic.
So, I guess that's all for this article. If you have anything to say, then please write in the comment box.