- Education and Science
How to Be Able to Tell If Someone Is Lying to You
Have you always wondered if someone is lying to you, but you just aren't sure? This hub will help you tell if someone is being completely honest, or if they are outright lying to you. Be warned, you may be shocked at who is lying, and how many times a day you are getting lied to.
On average, a person gets lied to you 10-200 times per day. Sound surprising? Well, it isn't really, if you consider all the "little white lies" we tell to our family, friends, and co-workers on a daily basis. I admit, I too tell many of the following lies to people, even though I like to think I am an honest person; maybe I'm just lying to myself though. People can do that too.
The Most Common Lies:
1. It wasn't me.
2. I am fine.
3. The check is in the mail.
4. Your baby looks so beautiful.
5. I never said that.
6. I never got the message.
7. My phone is dying.
8. Sorry we are not hiring.
9. I'm on a diet.
10. I was just teasing you.
11. I was just trying to help you.
12. I really like him or her.
13. I love you.
14. Dinner tasted great tonight.
15. Let's have dinner or lunch sometime.
Signs Someone is Lying to You:
1. The individual looks up and to the right.
2. The individual uses no pronouns.
3. The individual uses an excessive amount of pronouns.
4. They don't look at you in the eye when they are answering your question, then they look in your eye directly after answering.
5. The individual blinks way too rapidly, and too frequently.
6. They never really answer the question.
7. They look at the watch way too many times.
8. They tug at their ear way too many times.
9. Their voice goes two octaves lower.
10. Their face becomes way too itchy all of a sudden.
11. They use an excessive amount of hand gestures.
12. Their eyes start to move back-and-forth.
13. If they are smiling at you, their eyes don't smile along with their mouth.
14. Their breathing becomes accelerated.
15. Liars rarely use the words "but, nor, except, whereas".
16. Their posture becomes too straight.
17. They look away at a simple question.
18. The individual looks to uneasy at a simple question.
19. You just feel it in your gut.