How to Download Videos from YouTube, AOL, DailyMotion and Etc..
YouTube, AOL, DailyMotion, Surfthechannel, WatchMovies, AnimeFuel, National Geograhic, Google Video, Discovery Health, Myspace, YourDailyMedia, NBC, Movie6, MegaVideo, PokerTube, ESPN and AnimeDreamWorld these are just some of the Video Sites that you can download their videos using Mozilla Firefox's video downloader ADD-ON. If you happen to be a Mozilla Firefox user and happen to like some videos from one of those video sites you can use DownloadHelper Plugin to save them to your PC or computer.
Simply, DownloadHelper is a tool that you can use to download videos without installing any softwares, all you have to do is just install the ADD-ON which you can get it from Mozilla's Website under ADD-ONs tab. Once installed you can start downloading videos from any YouTube like sites.
DownloadHelper Screen Shot
How to Install DownloadHelper
Since DownloadHelper ADD-ON works only on Mozilla Firefox so obviously you need to download Firefox Browser.
1. Download Mozilla Firefox Browser from www.mozilla.com. Click on the green graphical button that say's Download Firefox - Free. You will be taken to mozilla's download page and then a pop window appears asking your permission to save the file. Just click on Save to start saving the file. There's a step by step procedure in the download page, you can follow it through.
2. Once you've finished installing mozilla firefox, go to mozilla's website and at the top portion hover on Add-ons tab then click All Add-ons. Now in the Firefox Add-ons page, look for the searchbox that says Search for add-ons. Within it, Type the following text in the searchbox "Downloadhelper" and then press Enter button.
3. You'll see Video DownloadHelper in the first search results. Now look at the right side of it, there's a button that says Add to Firefox, click on it. Once you clicked on that, a new window, software installation will pop up. At the bottom portion of that window click the Install Now button. This will now start installing the add-on, you'll notice the progress bar moving. Once it's done, click the Restart Firefox button then you're done.
4. After mozilla firefox restarts, you'll notice at the upper right side of the browser a three molecule look-a-like icon, that's the downloadhelper icon. Next is, we will to try to download a video from YouTube. So visit www.youtube.com and select a video, you're favorite one. You'll notice on that icon it will start to colorized when there's video currently playing. These means that downloadhelper is now ready to download the video. So click the arrow right beside downloadhelper icon and select the filename with flv extension. Provide the download destination folder and then it will then start the download progress bar.
5. Since the downloaded file format is FLV, you may need to use video converter to play this file on Windows Media Player. I'm currentyl using Video Converterto convert my downloaded videos into mpg,3gp,avi,mp4 and etc.. There's plenty of options to choose from it that's why I like this program. Try to get a copy of this program. Google on it to find out more about this video converter.
Enjoy and Have Fun!!
Now that you have a nice video grabber, you can now start visiting more video sites by clicking on the icon. You will have all the list of Video Sites that you can actually download including adult sites. Beside on each site is the rating and currently YouTube has the highest rating.
For me mozilla is best browser that I'm currently using, it has a lot more features for an open and free to use browser. I would highly recommend mozilla for avid internet users.
Lastly, mozilla sets a new Guiness New World Record as the largest software downloads in 24 hours. The record-setting 8,002,530 downloads, coincided with launch of firefox 3. Check out on their website to read more.