How to Get a Copy of My SAT Scores
Where are my SAT scores?
There will come a time when you are required to obtain your copy of SAT scores report. Whether you need them to complete an application to a college, apply for a scholarship, or for your own personal records, you have a few different options of obtaining your scores. Depending on how long ago you took the test, you can choose from the different methods explained in this article.
3 Easy Ways to Get a Copy of SAT Scores
There are three basic methods that you can request for your SAT score reports. You can either search for it online, mail in a request order, or make a phone call to the customer service representative.
If you have recently taken the SAT, I suggest you fully utilize the website College board. You can print out a copy for free. However, if you tested BEFORE October 2002, the reports are archived by the College Board and can only be obtained by mailing in a request form.
There are many other services that are available on the official college board website!
- Read and print out your score report
- Find out the next SAT exam dates
- Re-register for another test date
- Learn the most recent testing fees
- Obtain sample practice questions
- Find information about colleges
- Obtaining your SAT scores on line is FREE!
- If you want to send SAT scores directly to colleges, you will need to include the 4-digit school code in the mail order form. You can access the school code from this page.
1. Obtain SAT Scores Online
Use this method if you have recently taken the SAT. SAT scores are normally released online approximately 3 weeks after the test date. There is no charge for this service, so make sure you've registered with the website!
When you register for the test, enter the 4-digit code of your high school. Ask your counselor if you don't know the code. The official SAT score will be mailed to you approximately 5 weeks after the test.
- Step 1: Go to Collegeboard.com
- Step 2: Click on “Next Step:The SAT"
- Step 3: Click on "Score"
- Step 4: You will have two options. Click on "Online Score Report" if you want to view your scores or print them out. Click on "Score Choice" if you want the board to send the score reports to colleges.
- Step 5: Enter your username and password under “My Organizer”
- Step 6: Click on “Sign Up” if you don’t already have an account.
2. By phone
You can call the SAT Program Customer Service during standard business hours and ask them for a copy. There is an additional fee of $15 if you choose this method. You will need to provide personal information: birth date, a credit card number and expiration date, and test registration number.
Take note of the hours of operation
- Summer hours: June-Aug 8:30-8pm EDT M-F
- Other times during the year: 8-9pm Eastern Standard Time (EDT) M-F
- Domestic 1-866-756-7346
- International 1-212-713-7789
- Services for Students with Disabilities 1-609-771-7137
- TTY Domestic 1-888-857-2477 / International 1-609-882-4118
Mail your order form to:
P.O. Box 8057
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
3. Order by mail
Use this method if you have graduated at least a year or longer, and you have not tested for one or more years.
If you want a physical copy of your SAT scores mailed to you, click on this document:
The fee for each score report is $10.50, in addition to the search fee of $28.00. If you want a rush order, and additional fee of $30 is available. Once you request for the optional rush service, the reports are mailed to the educational institution within 2 business. Depending on the institution that is receiving the scores, it could be mailed either electronically or via first class mail.
You can make a payment using a credit card only, check, or money order. I would advise that you use a credit card number. If your payment is lost in the mail, you can call your credit card company and file a dispute. You can also cancel a check if it is lost.
In this form, you are required to fill out personal information, including social security number and registration number (found on the back of your admissions card).
If you are requesting the scores to be sent directly to the educational institution, you will be required to include up to 8 “four-digit code.”
A few reminders
- SAT scores are available approximately 3 weeks after the date of testing.
- SAT score reports are mailed within 5 weeks of the date that was requested. You have an option of having the report sent within 2 days for an additional fee of $30.
Click on the link if you need additional customer service information on the following: