- Education and Science»
- Home Schooling & Life Experience Education
How to Think Like a Genius
Using That Big Brain of Yours!
Get Out of the Box!
You really don't have to be a genius to think like one. What makes a person a genius is not that they have a larger brain or are wired differently than the rest of us, what makes a person a genius is the fact that they think in different ways than most of us do. They are able to make connections which seem to elude the average person. It is like Sherlock Holmes and how he is able to link events and people with times and historical data to make connections leading to the source of the problem. In other words it is about thinking outside the box and using intuition and insight to think differently.
Below are observations of how a genius experiences the world and how you can transform your own thoughts to think like a genius yourself.
- See problems as gateways to success.
- When you see connections between seemingly different ideas or situations take note of the significance of the connections, make comparisons and look at the similarities involved.
- You brain makes connections all the time. This is how our brain makes sense of the world. Geniuses develop complex and layered systems of connections.
- Make generalizations so that you can analyze the structures that are behind them.
- Daydream; explore new areas of thought. It is important to spend time exploring the processes of things to come to a result. Get lost in ideas and engross yourself if deep thought.
- See the world through the eyes of curiosity with a sense of mystery and wonder.
- Keep your ideas simple and beautiful.
- Broaden your interests, have a myriad of hobbies.
- Don't dismiss information even if that information doesn't fit with what you "know"; build bridges between your knowledge base and unfamiliar ideas.
- Turn your thoughts into actions. Sometimes the most obvious thoughts are the most original. We ignore them thinking everyone has already thought of them.
It's not that hard to think like a genius and who knows, maybe you will read this article and head out there and make the next big leap that changes humanity. Good Luck and thanks for reading!