How to control stress during interview?
We may not have pressure during the written test. But there
will be definitely some pressure during face to face interview sessions and we
feel stressed. I am going to meet new people, What questions they will ask? These thoughts will definitely cause stress. And this is the reason why six out of 10 individuals who attend interview clearly show they are stressed. Many individuals have the required qualifications but because they are stressed and unable to withstand will be screened out in interviews, says many HR professionals.
The following aspects should be kept in mind and put in to practice,they will definitely help you to succeed any interview.
You must know: You must know some important aspects and remember them before you go to interview. Knowing the details of the company is very important, the recruiter (interviewer) will definitely ask few questions about the company as soon as he identifies that you are feeling tensed.
- Why do you want to join this company?
- What is you opinion on this firm?
These kinds of questions will be posed definitely. So, you must do a good amount of research on the firm to know the details & have a thorough knowledge of it. Get the annual review about the firm or go through the company website you will get all the necessary information. If you are able to answer these questions, you can have a relief
from a good amount of stress you have.
Be prepared: Generally most of the time there will be some repetitive questions in interviews collect them and prepare your answers.
- Tell me about yourself?
- How you are going to perform you job?
- What are your strengths and weakness?
There may be questions about the skills you mention in your resume. Make sure you are thorough with your resume and don’t include anything which is irrelevant to you. Because, there will be questions on what ever you mention in your resume. Be careful while you mention your skills and interests in your resume.
That time is crucial: The first 5minutes of your interview session are very crucial as you know “First impression is the best impression and even long lasting.” During the first 5min the recruiters will be mainly focusing on how the candidate is speaking and responding to there should not be any stammering while you respond to any question, especially when you were asked to tell about yourself you should be very careful.
Do not forget these: You must take care about yourself during times when you attend interviews.
- Have sufficient sleep before interview.
- Your dressing sense and hairstyle should be decent and should be professional.
Check your resume whether you have updated latest information and ensure it is updated.
- Making yourself present at the interview location will help you to control stress levels and makes you accustomed to the environment in the interview location.
- Speak confidently and if don’t know the answer don’t hesitate to say “I don’t know but I will get back to you later.”
- If you have time before your interviewed and if you were asked to wait until your turn, don’t involve in any unnecessary chatting with people around you and don’t involve in any arguments. It will effect your concentration and when you enter the interview room you will remember all these nonsense .
- Strongly believe that you are not alone. Your qualifications, written test scores and your self confidence are with you remember that.
If you follow these instructions you will be able to withstand your stress levels and succeed in interview.