- Education and Science»
- Psychology & Psychiatry
How to get lucky
Luck doesn't depend just on chance. Luck is a series of decisions that a
person makes before a success resides in his life. What are these
1. I shall know what I want. A man who knows what he wants, will not miss the opportunity which will be given to him by life, in contrast to the man who doesn't know what he wants.
2. I shall put myself in position where I will need luck. In other words, you need to take risks. I don't mean that you need to play roulette. Any start of a new business, a new deal, etc. is a risk. Something will be successful, something will fail, but a lucky man can not even be called lucky if he has never risked.
3. I shall expect the unexpected. Successful people see money under their feet. They see opportunities where other people see only problems. Lucky people expect pleasant surprises, and life rewards them for it.
4. I shall not take up all offered to me. Successful people are optimistic, but always with a dose of skepticism when it comes to something new, that is, they do not rush into a new business, without weighing the pros and cons.
5. I shall be flexible. Success comes as a wave. In order to have time to catch this wave, you need to be flexible, able to change the style of work, its direction etc.
6. I shall pay attention to detail. Large businesses typically don't start with big things. For example, Google's founders didn't intend to organize a worldwide search engine originally and wanted to resolve other minor problems of its clients, but the solution of small problems became an opportunity for bigger things.
7. I shall listen to my intuition. Make friends with it. Do not hurt it, and it will serve you.
It remains now to make all these decisions, and good luck!