ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel

How to let your children earn from your online articles after you have died

Updated on July 15, 2011

What's going to happen to the earnings you make from articles on ad revenue sharing sites?

I was thinking of asking a lawyer to help me draw up a will about the earnings from my articles on my own sites, as well as from those articles of mine on Adsense revenue sharing sites. I want my children to have that income, even if it's small, and even if I'm 100 years old when I die and they are already adults.

I already have a will, so I suppose I would have to discard that one and have a new will drawn up.

Then I got to thinking how difficult it might be. I would have to check through lots of information and terms and conditions on various sites, and may struggle to find out what to do if owners of various sites say that my account cannot be transferred - although I guess there are specific lawyers or financial consultants who might know about these issues, and who could help me, but that means finding the right person too.

I also receive my Adsense cheques in the mail, and don't know anything about how to speak to my bank about my children being allowed to put the cheques into their own accounts if they are made out to me.

If you are also wanting to do something like allow your children to earn from your efforts on the Internet, and are feeling confused about what to do, like I am, then I have a few suggestions. I'm probably going to do this:

What to do

I'm going to write a letter to my children, that must be kept in a safe place, or with my will.

If they are older than 18 when I die, they must either already have their own Adsense accounts, or must each get one.

They must have their own Blogger blogs (they do already), and I must include a list of the Adsense revenue sharing sites they can join if they want to.

I am hoping that they may even have their own WordPress blogs by then too.

  • The letter will tell them where to find all my articles, and will tell them how to log in to my accounts.
  • If they don't feel up to contacting the owners of the sites and asking what can be done about transferring my account (if anything), or they wait more than a week before they get a reply, the letter will give details on how to remove my articles from those sites, and republish them as either their own, or give credit to me, their mother, if they want to.
  • They can publish the articles on their own sites, or on accounts they've opened for themselves on Adsense revenue sharing sites.
  • They will use their own Adsense publisher ID's, and, although the articles may not be found immediately, they will eventually be found, and my boys can work on getting traffic to the pages that the articles are on.

It just seems like this method means much less fuss.

Disclaimer:  I'm not sure how legal my idea is, and I may find out more before actually writing a letter like I describe above.  I suggest you do the same, to avoid any possible legal issues. 


    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    • Teresa Schultz profile imageAUTHOR

      Teresa Schultz 

      8 years ago from East London, in South Africa

      Thanks, yalenova :)

    • yalenova profile image


      8 years ago

      Very interesting think. Impressive

    • Teresa Schultz profile imageAUTHOR

      Teresa Schultz 

      8 years ago from East London, in South Africa

      Thanks Angelique :)

    • Angelique Loux profile image

      Angelique Loux 

      8 years ago from Ohio

      I never gave that any thought. Great idea!

    • Teresa Schultz profile imageAUTHOR

      Teresa Schultz 

      8 years ago from East London, in South Africa

      Thanks for the comment evolveasite, and for the tip.

      I'd like to stay the payee, until I die. Unless I know I'm going to die - then I guess I could change the payee details, if the various sites let me, before I die. Will look into it some more - thanks for the advice.

    • evolveasite profile image


      8 years ago from United States

      why don't you just change the payee information instead of transferring accounts and going through all that work. Also its nice effort you to think about giving your children some extra cash. Interesting hub

    • Teresa Schultz profile imageAUTHOR

      Teresa Schultz 

      8 years ago from East London, in South Africa

      Thanks lis :)

    • liswilliams profile image


      8 years ago from South Africa

      that is an awesome idea. Just shows this is like an investment. Great mom to be thinking of your children already after you pass


    This website uses cookies

    As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

    For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at:

    Show Details
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the or domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)