How to make a plan to achieve your goals
This is in response to the Question raised by Pete Michner in Q & A Section of Hubpages.
Planning to Achieve your Goals.
- Get yourself a notebook or Journal. Write down your short term and long term goals. E.g Goals you want to achieve within 6 months to a year and goals you want to achieve withing 3 –5 years, if possible 5 to 10 years. Make sure your goal is SMART. (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-based).
- Start with the short term goals and write down one or two actions that you could take to move you a step closer to achieving that goal and set yourself a deadline. (not more than a week). Example: An eighteen year old who has never driven before, has a goal to drive a car within 6 months. The first 2 actions could be (a) Apply for a Provisional UK Driving Licence and (b) Save up for driving lessons or book for driving lessons. Sometimes an action could be a simple phone call, which can be done in a day. E.g enquiring about something you want to buy.
- Review your goals at least weekly. Daily is good but incase you are busy you can do it weekly or few times a week. As you review, tick off the actions you’ve done – you can date them if you like. As you tick of the completed actions, you are moving a step closer to achieving your goal. Also as you review and make notes, your mind will bring to focus other effective ways you can use to achieve the goal.
•*¨*•✩✬ Get a FREE copy of: A – Z Guide ~ Inspiring Teens to Success
- Next, Set up another action or two. In the case of this young teen, it could now be (c) Book for a driving test and (d) Hint to mum and Dad what he’d like for his Birthday present or Christmas (◕‿◕). If he passes his test and his parents get him a car, that’s it! Mission Accomplished!
- Its important though, that you take an action at least every week. We can dream, but nothing will manifest unless we do something. Ps. Structure your plan the way you like. You can outline it in a note book or do it on Microsoft Word or Excel if you want.
There could be other ways to achieve goals but I have found the steps above to be very effective. Good Luck!
**The Path to success is to take massive, determined Action**
- Courage - Can I dare you to do any of these activities?
Have you got the balls to do any of these activities?