How to make an artificial snow out of bath soap
Try it, you'll see.
Yes, it is possible to make an artificial snow made from soap to adorn your Christmas tree. We did it in high school when we decorated the room from ceiling to floor. It’s a concerted effort so, the enjoyment with laughter and contentment were there while doing the activity.
Materials we need:
1 kilogram (kg) of commercial soap (preferably white beauty soap), grinded into small bits
Old wok or deep frying pan
Mask (for safety to avoid inhaling too much fumes from melted soap)
How to do it (Wear your mask and hand gloves before doing the procedure)
1. Start the stove in medium fire setting. It will help in melting the soap thoroughly.
2. Heat the wok or deep frying pan. Add a half liter of water to boil.
3. Add the grinded soap mixture while stirring it with wooden spoon slowly.
4. Adjust the stove fire in slow setting for an even melting of the soap. Stir it continuously until the mixture is thoroughly melted. It will take 15 minutes or less to melt the one-kilo soap mixture.
5. For variation, you can add color to your homemade snow if you want a unique accent on your Christmas tree.
While it’s still hot, you can now adorn your Christmas tree with artificial snow made from soap. Once it cools off, it will harden and you will have difficulty putting it on the branches of the tree.
Start from the top part. Put it on the end part of the every branch for the snow effects effectively. You can now light the Christmas tree and see the outcome of your effort.You can add glitters for a more luminous effect.
Note: The fragrance of the artificial snow will fill the air. It is so refreshing. Try it now.