How to prepare for JEE MAINS & ADVANCED - Effective tips
JEE stands for joint entrance examination.This is the most prestigious exam of India.Qualifying and getting good Rank in this will get you a seat in IIT's (Indian Institute of Technology) & NIT"s(National Institute of Technology) which are known as the most prestigious and best Engineering colleges in India.Well,as these college are prestigious,there is very high competition for this exam.Nearly in 2013,12 Lakh students have written the exams out of which only 15000 students will get into NIT's and only 8000 will go into IIT's which means the ratio is nearly 100:1 which means that out of 100 students,only 1 person will get the seat.So,i have decided to give some tips for you all to crack the IIT JEE in a less period of time.But,before that,just have a look at the pattern and main schedule of the exams.
Main Schedule and Pattern(Syllabus)
Actually JEE includes two exams.One is JEE mains and the other is JEE Advanced.One who is qualified in mains will have a chance to write Advanced.Getting good rank in advanced will get you a seat in IIT and getting rank which is below the cutoff of any NIT will get you seat into it.Totally,in 2013 out of 12 Lakh students who wrote Mains,nearly 1.5 Lakh students are selected for Advanced.
The syllabus is quite vast.The IIT question Paper completely depends the NCERT textbook and some extra topics.But,reading each and every line of the IPE text books will help you getting good rank.Also,i have given some good number of tips with which you can crack IIT Mains and IIT Advanced.
1) Good Material
Good Material is compulsory for a student to crack IIT Mains and Advanced.Many students prefer HC Verma Material to prepare for IIT Mains.Below,you can see some of the important materials for preparing for IIT. You have to divide your timetable for each subject.I have given the list of things to do for Maths,physics and chemistry below.Have a look at them now.
1) You have to give at least 4 hours of time a day to prepare for Maths.
2) First of all,read the Text books of Intermediate 1st and 2nd years.Nearly 50 percent of the questions are from Text book.
3) Complete all the IPE problems including solved problems.
4) Read the material chapter wise.Give more priority for Calculus,Trigonometry and Coordinate Geometry.
5) Complete all the previous years IIT mains and Advanced Papers.
1) During the start,Physics would be a problem for everyone.But,continuous practice will make it easier.The best example is me.I had faced many problems with Physics in First year.But, i used to practice continuously in Inter 2nd year which made me get 63 Marks in Physics.
2) Give at least 3 hours of your time table for Physics.
3) Mainly concentrate on the previous year question papers for the Question models.
4) Text Book reading is compulsory.
1) Chemistry is the easiest topic for me while the times of my Intermediate.I used to concentrate more on Organic chemistry since it is the toughest topic in Chemistry.
2) In previous years, 90% of chemistry questions are covered from Text books.So,read each and every line of the text book for getting good marks in Chemistry.
3) Practice each and every numerical on paper.This will make your brain remember the Formulas.
4) Give more time for Organic Chemistry while studying Chemistry.
5) Practice all the latest previous year question papers .
6) Chemistry is the easiest topic for JEE.Your rank mainly depends on chemistry.So,give at least 3 Hours of time to prepare for Chemistry.
Which is the toughest topic For JEE ?
Some other Tips
1) Stop watching TV,using computer,mobile phones to the most.This will help you in getting more time for reading.
2) Keep your mobile phone switched off while Reading so that you are not disturbed.
3) Read in the morning.According to a survey,it is found that people can remember more when they read it in the morning.
4) Always change the subject if you feel bored.
5) Take 1 hour break after reading for 3 hours.
6) Play outdoor games for relaxation.
These are some important and effective tips to crack IIT Mains and Advanced within a month or even less.