Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for Pakistani Citizens
Humphrey Fellowship Program
The United States Educational Foundation Pakistan has recently advertised The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship in various newspapers of Pakistan. The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is a non-degree scholarship program for those persons who are mid-career professionals in their relevant field of study. This scholarship mainly consists of internship and activities in organizations in the United States relevant to the professions of the selected applicants. The selected applicants will enhance their professional skills in various organizations in United States of America. Moreover, the applicants selected for this scholarship are expected to share their knowledge about Pakistan with their colleagues in USA.
Benefits of the Scholarship
This scholarship will afford the expenses of the program i.e., tuition fees, airfare and health insurance. The selected applicants will also be provided a monthly stipend, which will be more than sufficient to bear the expenses of food, accommodation etc.
Following are the eligibility requirements for applicants:
- The applicant is required to be a Pakistani citizen.
- He should possess 5 years professional as well as managerial/administrative work experience in the fields as mentioned below.
- He should have completed 16 years of education.
- He must ensure that he would get reemployment in his organization as soon as he returns from the USA.
- High fluency in English language is required.
If you deem, you fulfill the above-mentioned requirements, you can apply for the The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship.
- Those teachers or researchers who are not having any managerial or administrative experience will not be able to apply for this kind of scholarship.
- Those applicants, who have attended the U.S graduate school or who have long term experience in the US during the last seven or five years respectively, will also not be able to apply for this scholarship.
- Those Pakistanis, who are having dual US/Pakistan nationality or who are having fiancé, parents or a spouse and who are 18 years old and are permanent residents of US, will not be able to apply for this fellowship.
- Employees of Department of State or Fulbright Organization and their children, spouses, fiancés, parents and siblings are also not eligible for this fellowship.
Applications are Accepted in the Following Fields
- Communication & Journalism
- Agriculture & Rural Development
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment & Prevention
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Economic Development, Finance & Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- Law & Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Climate Change and Environmental Policy.
- Human Resource Management
- TOEFL (Teaching of English as a Foreign Language)
- Public Administration
- Technology Policy Management
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Trafficking in Persons, Policy and Prevention
Last Date to Apply
Last date for submission of applications is 9th July 2015. Thereafter, no application will be accepted by the Unites States of Educational Foundation Pakistan. Hence, try to submit your application as early as possible as there may overload on the server.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted online. Click here to apply now. Create your account and start applying. Moreover, TOEFL is not mandatory at the moment. Only those persons who are shortlisted will required to pass TOEFL test, which will be arranged by the United States Educational Foundation Pakistan.
There are many questions in the application, which you will have to answer. Thus, try to avoid plagiarism, while writing answer to the questions. Otherwise, your application will not be considered.
Should you feel any difficulty, please contact. I shall be very happy to help you out.