Inquiry into Self-Reflection: Who Am I? Nassau BOCES Approved Literacy Initiative
Summoning Up the Greatness Within All of Us
Inquiry into Self-Reflection: Who Am I?
Students tap into the affective and existential domains by entering into a self-reflective arts and technology-infused "literacy initiative." This initiative will require the use of mobile phones, social media, and a computer lab (a computer for each student or one per team).
1. Cultivate art interpretation skills
(oral persuasive argument)
2. Acquire sustained observational skills and
3. Master attention to detail
4. Compare, contrast and analyze two bodies of
5. Engage in multiple perspectives across
cultural, social, political, historical, and
6. Draw upon and apply 4 literacy strategies
7. Support understanding through synthesis
(process and product, creation of a work of
technological art as well as a written
This Nassau BOCES approved program aligns with the Common Core State Standards and the NYS Standards for literacy and the arts.At its heart, it employs the CCSS of creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and communication. Allotment of this residency: 45 minutes to 1 hour for 4 class periods. Grades 4,5,6,7,8 Cost, $1,600.00