- Education and Science»
- History & Archaeology»
- History of the Modern Era»
- Twentieth Century History
Japanese-American Internment Camps of the Second World War Mini-lesson
Get Paid to Write
Share your opinion and expertise and make residual income at the same time by signing up for Hubpages.
Note to Teachers
The objective of this article is to teach how minorities were affected during the World War 2 as per the Common Core Curriculum Standards for Social Studies, American History II, Standard 7, Objective 2A. The attached video presentation is custom designed to fit this activity.
Please watch the following video and keep these questions in mind.
1) What event triggered the USA joining WW2 & the Internment Camps?
2) What minority group was affected by this even?
3) Why were the Internment Camps created?
4) What did the president of the time sign to make this happen?
5) Who was the president when this happened?
6) Did all people in this minority group have to go to the camps?
7) When was the Civil Rights Act that started to resolve the injustice of this action get signed?
8) Who was the president who signed the Civil Rights Act?
During the presentation, please take notes and reflect on how you would feel if you were one of those people sent to the internment camps. There is a quick knowledge check after the video. Your own notes are allowed, but please do not share notes.
Japanese American Internment Camps
view quiz statistics
Thank you for taking the time to learn about this even in history. Teachers and parents, please feel free to use this activity in whole or in part to teach your students about this history.
Other Interactive Lessons
- The Rise of Nazi Germany
An interactive poster that teaches how Nazi Germany came to be.
Sources for Pictures, Info & Music
- ThePianoGuys Channel - YouTube
Our vision is to create music and videos that inspire people. We want to take that music to the world and make a difference. We have something different to offer from any other YouTube channel. We like to put a new spin on classic stuff and a classic
- Pearl Harbor Historical Photos - Historical Photos of the Japanese Air Attack on Pearl Harbor Hawaii
Pearl Harbor Hawaii historical photos collection, Japanese air attack on Pearl Harbor Hawaii, USS Arizona, December 7 1941, World War II in the Pacific, World War II photos, Oahu photos, Hawaii history
- Dorothea Langes Images of the WWII Internment of People of Japanese Ancestry « Public Doma
- Japanese Internment Camps
- Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Internment Without Charges: Dorothea Lange and the Censored Images of Japanese American Internment -
In 1942 the U.S. War Relocation Authority hired documentary photographer Dorothea Lange to photograph the World War II internment of approximately 120,000 Japanese Americans.