- Education and Science»
- Home Schooling & Life Experience Education
Jose Rizal Poems Written in Ateneo
- My first Inspiration – dedicate to his mother
- The Departure: Hymn to Magellan’s Fleet.
- And He is Spanish: El Cano, the first to Circumnavigate the World
- ‘The Battle: Urbiztondo, Terror of Jolo
These poems were written through the encouragement of Fr. Sanchez
Poems Jose Rizal written this year was on different topics – religion, war, childhood memories and education.
- In Memory of My Town – a poem in honor of Calamba, the hero’s birthplace
- Intimate Alliance Between Religion and Good Education
- Through Education the Country Receives Light
- The Captivity and the Triumph: Battle of Lucena and the Imprisonement of Boabdil – This martial poem conjured up the defeat and capture of Boabdil, the last Moorish Sultan of Granda.
- The Triumphal Entry of the Catholic Monarchs into Granda – a description of the victorious entry of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabel into Granda
Rizal’s Final Year in Ateneo, Poems written were the following:
- The heroism of Columbus – A poem of praise to Columbus, the discover of America.
- Columbus and John II – this poem relates how king John II of Portugal lost fame and riches by his failure to finance the projected expedition of Columbus to the New World
- Great Solace in Great Misfortune – a description of the tragic life of Columbus
- A Farewell Dialogue of the Students – the last poem Jose Rizal wrote in Ateneo