- Education and Science»
- Astronomy & Space Exploration
June 22, 2013 Perigee Super Moon Poem
Perigee Super Moon Poem
Creativity and Inspiration
Creativity and inspiration come on the spur of the moment. With many notifications from FaceBook friends that sky gazers must mark their calendar and be sure to walk out of the house as night falls to observe this event, it was not my intention to write a poem.
Due to my forgetful nature and super concentration character, I can easily miss one occasion if I am deeply into another project. You know how it is to be on the computer, reading, writing, viewing, and hub hopping.
I happened to get up from the desk to take a break and stretch my legs as I remembered from another FB reminder about the moon. Ah! Opening the front door the sky was black as night. Barely an outline of the individual trees, only on mass a silhouette forming the background for the drama.
My trusty phone/camera in hand, I recorded a short bit of the night sky with fast-moving clouds in front of the moon. Even though I did not see the spectacular enlarged size or the lemon yellow color, the energy of the moon was evident.
From there, we must move quickly to download and share. In the process the black background on the video begged for some typography and the poem emerged. Three short stanzas with four lines each. Can you see the rhythm and repetition?
Perigee Moon Poem
The Super Moon shines bigger and brighter in the sky. Also called the lunar perigee moon when the Earth, moon and sun are all in a line. For a super moon to occur, the moon must be in its nearest approach to Earth as it traces its elliptical path around our planet. Skywatchers want to go outside to view one of the biggest celestial events of the year.
Perigee Moon Poem
grows and shines
behind the clouds
above black tree
tops the sky
in dark night
watching the light
- copyright Debby Bruck June 23, 2013
The Planets, Moon and Stars
I feel humans are naturally drawn to look up to the heavens. During the day we drink in the blue skies and the sun's warmth. At night, we meditate in the planets, moon and stars heavenly bodies. We hear the owl hooting and the streaming click of crickets. A few phenomena have coincided, since this year the crickets exploded into a loud roar along the eastern United States.
Time to reconnect to nature and take a step away from technology. Time to breath and rejuvenate. No better time than the present to be present when time stands still. Realize you are part of the movement of all the planets and you must play your small part to make the clock tick. Remember you are important and can reflect the light of the moon.
Messages in the Sky
I've visited hubpages from time to time over the past year. My intensive obsession with producing articles has waned with the moon cycles. Sure, I've checked in at least each month or bi-weekly, but have not contributed to the literature. Thus, I must say a number of improvements have been instituted when you begin a new hub. Basically, you are guided step-be-step along the way, with guidelines, warning, suggestions and fill-in-the-blank type of template to get started. It's quite nice and makes for a smooth experience as an author. Maybe I will try my hand at writing more often once again.
Are You A Sky Gazer?
Did you go out to view the Perigee Moon?
Both the apogee moon when the distance is furthest from the earth and the perigee moon have an effect on our tides and on living organisms, including humans.
- When the moon is at apogee, the furthest distance from the Earth, it has less gravitational pull which, along with other factors that influence the tides, can contribute to lower tides or lower variation in the high/low tide level. if you live along the coast and have a chance to walk along the beach, it would be a wonderful time to meditate and commune with nature.
- When the moon is at perigee, closer to the Earth, there is much more gravitational pull which contributes to the opposite effect: higher tides or greater variation in the high and low tide. Creating a ritual to celebrate these special days will increase the meaning and make the day more memorable. Light candles, walk into the water, light sparklers, sing songs, play drums or other enjoyable activities.
- YouTube | If you can't get outside or live in an area where there is total cloud cover, a live stream of the event can be viewed online
- Homeopathy and The Pull of the Moon | Notations of moon effects on human activity, emotions, functions, energy and performance may be searched in the materia medica and the repertory for associated remedies.
News from Super Moon 2012
Moon Haiku | What is a "Conjunction" ?
Ancient Ocean Water Meditation and Prayer | Inspirational meditation in Poetry. A praise to the One God. We can do better to heal ourselves and our earth that was given as a gift to humanity. Grandmother White Eagle together with Rabbi Lazer Brody present a Tai-Chi meditation by the sea.