LBC 97.3 - London's Best Talk Radio Station: Leading Britain's Conversation - Information
What's LBC Radio all about?
LBC 97.3FM is Britain's first and only commercial news talk radio station which began broadcasting on October 8, 1973. It has since become London's best talk radio station providing a fun platform which accompanies Londoners through their daily life via great and interesting conversations discussing all the latest topics and debates that interest us all. Some conversations you'll only hear on LBC.!
LBC has another station called LBC London News on 1152 FM. ( http://www.lbc.co.uk/listen-live-3578 ).
LBC is an entertaining, engrossing, intelligent and engaging two-way conversation between the presenters and the listeners covering the thoughts and topics that Londoners are really passionate about.
LBC is very Informative with Up-To Date Traffic and Weather Reports to help Londoner's get around more easily and to keep Londoner's prepared for the great British ever-changing weather.
A few of the regular callers to the show have become just as famous as some of the presenters such as Barry from Watford, Lynny and Egor. You never know whose going to call in next. I love listening to the banter between a caller and presenter. At times, conversions can be extremely funny and you will hear very passionate debates about every subject you could, and couldn't think of.
Celebrity Guests to LBC include former and current politicians and mayors who will answer any questions the listeners have Famous singers and actors have also been known to drop by.
List of presenters. Images below. Note; (Some presenter's that are featured in the picture gallery below may no longer work for LBC). They include Andrew Pierce, Beverley Turner, Boris Johnson, Clive Bull, Cristo Foufas, David Mellor, Duncan Barkes, Iain Dale, Ian Collins, Ian Payne, Katie Hopkins, Ken Livingstone, Lisa Aziz, Nigel Farage, Nick Abbot, Nick Ferrari, James O'Brien, Olly Mann, Petrie Hosken, Shelagh Fogarty, Shelagh Fogarty, Steve Allen and Stig Abell. who each bring their own unique and entertaining edge to London's best talk radio.
There is so much choice and diversity of the presenters that there will always be at least a selection of presenters that will hook you in and keep you entertained for not just throughout the days, but for many many years to come.
Examples of Topical Conversations
Topic's are created by the presenters as well as the listeners. Some listeners can listen to LBC for decades without ever calling in, and others will call in on a regular basis. The list of topics are endless.
- How can you explain terrorism to our children?
- what's your favourite sandwich?
- What does God mean to you?
- What's your secret tips for a long and healthy life?
- Do private schools guarantee a better education?
- Should fewer women be put in prison?
- How do I become a private detective?
- Should the NHS be privatized?
Special guests are invited regularly on to LBC to help listeners with any issues or questions they have. The specialists subjects are endless and always very helpful to the callers, and listeners alike.
- Solicitors to help with legal issues.
- Doctors to help with any medical issues listeners have.
- Entrepreneurs to help start your own business and any problems you're having..
- Help with troubled teenagers who desperately don't know who else to turn to.
LBC presenters - Some may no longer work for LBCClick thumbnail to view full-size
How can I listen to LBC.? You can listen to LBC via the following ways.
- Radio. Digital DAB radio and FM, 97.3.
- TV. Freeview TV & Satellite. Sky Digital channel 124. Freeview 732.
- Phone's. Android Blackberry and Windows Phones.
- Android devices includes Desktop. Laptop. Tablet. Notebook. Mobile Phones. iPad & iPhone.
- On-line at lbc.co.uk.
- Catch-up on any shows you may have missed with podcasts http://lbc.audioagain.com
- Download the free app from the Google Play store and listen to LBC anytime you like. - itunes & Windowsphone.com.
Please note: If you want to listen LBC via a 'DAB radio' but you live in a basement flat, or your building is steel-framed or reinforced concrete, or you get poor FM or mobile phone service where you live, then your DAB coverage may be affected. This postcode checker does not recognise such features. Use this post code checker to see if you can receive LBC radio stations in your area.
How can I contact LBC.?
- Twitter. Send a tweet to LBC. @LBC.
- Facebook. Like LBC on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LBC
- Call the programmes/presenter's direct on 0345 60 60 973.
- Email LBC directly. lbc.co.uk.
- Write a letter to - LBC Radio Ltd. 30 Leicester Square. London. WC2H 7LA.
- You can comment below any questions or complaints you may have.
LBC 97.3 Mayoral Debate - Boris Labels Ken A Liar Over Tax Claim
Who owns LBC?
LBC is owned by the British media & publishing holding company, "Global Group" founded by Ashley Tabor. LBC sister stations include - Capital FM - Capital XTRA - Classic FM - Gold - Heart - LBC London News 1152 - Smooth Radio and Xfm.
- You may need to catch up on your Cockney Rhyming Slang when listening to some of the callers to LBC.
- It can be a confusing question even for the average Brit.! England, Great Britain, the UK, What Does It All Mean.!?
Help spread the word about LBC - Share this page.
© 2007 Compu-Smart