- Education and Science
Life 101: Choosing a Great Leader
Leaders of Today
Can you name great leaders of this world?
I'm sure you'll be familiar with Corazon Aquino of the Philippines, Nelson Mandela of South Africa, Mahatma Gandhi of India, Suu Ang Kyu Sii of Myanmar, Abraham Lincoln of United States of America to name a few.
They didn't use harmful force in order to unite people amid the political unrest happening in their countries. In fact. most of them staged peace rallies, wherein people prayed and support their leaders in a peaceful way that oppositions dared not to contest.
A search for good, honest and dedicated leaders is on for today's political trends.
Due to the age of modern technology, people around the world can pry or suggest to any nationalities how their chosen leaders will affect the situations of their countries.
The social media is now playing an important role in sifting the best leader that a country can have.
The first 12 candidatesClick thumbnail to view full-size
The Ideal Church/Political Leader
For now, I'll segueing the story in a church that is in need of a minister. Minister is also a leader of the church or a church leader, as you may call it.
We'll be researching a lot of great leaders of the Church during biblical times. Although, it may only center on Christianity, I hope other faith denomination will not be offended of what I'm going to share on this hub.
The File 101 of each candidate were scrutinized and studied thoroughly by the selection committee. (Huh! Talking about an election committee, I used to be a member of this group which conducted an election during a General Assembly of a cooperative.)
You can also suggest and select the best leader that you have in mind on the following choices.
- Adam - He's a good man but there's a problem with his wife Eve. There's an account revealing that they used to enjoy walking nude in the woods.
- Noah - He used to preach people and spend building that project (the Ark) which people didn't believe to float. By the way, he's already 120 years old. Ows?!!!
- Abraham - He is rumored to advocate wife-swapping, or was his wife Sarah (Sarai) who told him to sleep with their household help?
- Joseph - He's a dreamer, since he used to interpret dreams and a braggart at times ( to the Pharaoh of Egypt). He has a prison record.
- Moses - He has a murder charge when he fled Egypt. A modest and meek man but a poor communicator due to his stutter.
- David - He's the most promising leader who even defeated the giant man, Goliath of the Palestinians. Until, the selection committee discovered that he's having an affair with his neighbor's wife.
- Solomon - He's a great preacher (gifted with wisdom) but the church and its facility will never hold all those wives and their belongings and children, too!
- Elijah - He's prone to depression. He collapses under pressure.
- Elisha - He was reported to lived with a widow while serving his former church.
- Hosea - He's a tender and loving pastor but his wife was a hooker (you know!).
- Deborah - A strong leader and seems to be anointed but she is female. Most of the guys on the selection committee don't want a female priest or pastor.
- Jeremiah - Known for lamenting over things and issues. His emotions and negativity are not the qualities of a good leader.
- Isaiah - He is claiming to have seen angels inside the church. He has trouble with language.
- Jonah - A stubborn guy that even God's order he refused. He only conceded when he was swallowed by a BIG fish and later spit him out to implement the Lord's order.
- Amos - He's too backward and unpolished (barbaric?) but has a liking to wealthy people. Many think that he only wants a more progressive congregation.
- Melchizedek - Great credentials but no one knows where he came from. Every line about parents were left blank. Ancient Jewish tradition concluded that he was really Shem. If you check the life span of Shem in the Bible, it can be true!
- John - He says, he's a Baptist, but definitely doesn't dress like one. He lives outdoors and has a weird diet of locusts and honey and provokes denominational leaders.
- Peter -He has a bad temper and has been known to curse. He also had a big dispute with Paul in Antioch over something.
- Paul - A very powerful and fascinating preacher. He is very strict among younger ministers and known to conduct lengthy sermons that caused someone to fall off the window and died.
- James & John - The Brother tandem. But they're known to threaten an entire town after hearing an insult and known to discourage workers who didn't follow along with them.
- Timothy - He's too young. He's just a teenager!
- Methuselah - He's too old....very, VERY OLD!!!
- JESUS - A very popular teacher and his church grew to 5000 at the start. But he managed to offend them all. His church dwindled down to twelve apostles. He seldoms stays in one place and he's still SINGLE!
- Judas - He has good connections and complies everything the world demands. He's the most likely to win.
Sounds familiar, right?
People's opinion about our leaders are not so reliable.
We usually choose our leaders because of their popularity and connections with the wealthy ones.
POLITICS and CHURCH go alongside by side.
How many times we hear news about many Church Leaders endorsing the most popular candidate in politics to vie for top position in our government?
Nowadays, church leaders are openly commending political candidates and rumored to receive huge monetary support in exchange of their votes.
I think, you know the answer.
Last batch of 12 candidatesClick thumbnail to view full-size
More Readings on Life 101
- Welcome to Life 101- What will your choice be today?
Thank you for joining us today. This is Life 101. In life we face many decisions and have many choices to make. Do you wear this or THIS? Do we go here first or HERE? Do we choose the right thing? We, as parents, are forced to travel through...
- Life 101: Missionaries of God
Have you met missionaries knocking at your door and requesting for a conversation? I met many of them, as they represent different denominations of faith. Some are too steadfast to encourage you to join their belief. Or perhaps, you can join with the
- Life 101 : Moral Issues of Today's Generation
It's a scary society. Effects of moral decay are everywhere.How can we live in a society that more than half of the population are committing immoral acts? Find out what are these I'm talking about.
- Life 101: Defying Defeat and Embracing Perseverance
How can a public servant defy defeat and embrace perseverance. There are lots of parallelism between the stories of DILG Secretary Jesse Robredo and US President Abraham Lincoln. Let us dig deeper into their characters and how they inspired two natio