Lyme disease a deer tick bite always have ring
All 4 stages of the deer tick
The purpose of this hub is to educate the public about Lyme disease.
Lyme disease is often mis-diagnosed by doctors and some don't even believe that it even exists.
Lyme disease is a real infectious disease
- It is caused by at least 3 species of bacteria belonging to the genus Borellia.
- In The USA Borellia burgdoreri sensu strickto is the main cause of Lyme disease.
- The disease is named after the town of Lyme,Connecticut where a number of cases in 1975.
- In 1978 Allen Steere realized that Lyme disease was a tick borne disease.
- The cause of the disease remained a mystery until 1981 when Willy Burgdorfer identified B burgdorferi.
Lyme disease is the most common tick-borne disease in the Northern Hemisphere. Borrelia is transmitted to humans by the bite of infected ticks belonging to a few species of the genus Ixodes ("hard ticks").Early symptoms may include fever, headache, fatigue, depression, and a characteristic circular skin rash called erythema migrans. Left untreated, later symptoms may involve the joints, heart, and central nervous system. In most cases, the infection and its symptoms are eliminated byantibiotics, especially if the illness is treated early.Delayed or inadequate treatment can lead to the more serious symptoms, which can be disabling and difficult to treat. Lyme disease is a biosafety level 2 disease.
After the tick bites you may get a ring like rash!
If you are bitten by a deer tick and it has the Borellia burgdoreri sensu strickto bacteria try to remove it as quick as possible,usually if you remove it before 24 hours you may not catch Lyme disease even if it is infected.
How to remove the Tick
- Smear some Vasoline or Vick"s Vaporub all over it so it can't breath and see if it backs out.
- If it does not back out in 5 minutes or so then get a pair of tweezers & try to gently remove the tick by the head or as close to your skin as possible.
- Do not squeeze the tick by its body or twist.
- When you get it out save the tick so it can be tested.
Don't go to a regular Dr. see a specialist
- I cannot stress this enough, most doctors don't know how to treat Lyme disease
- Google Lyme Disease Doctors & find a specialist even if you have to drive 3 states away I would recommend that instead of seeing a doctor who isn't a specialist.
- If caught early a round of doxycycline can kill the bacteria, but if you get misdiagnosed it can travel through your body and get in your brain,lungs,central nervous system etc.
- I have heard of many cases where people have went to 20 plus doctors and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to cure Lyme disease in the late stages.
If you don't get treatment
It will continue to get worse, attacking the central nervous system.
Making it difficult to walk,talk or do things you normally could.
You will also lose mobility and the attacks will continue to get worse until you get the proper treatment.
It is hard on friends and family
Once you have caught it, you aren't the same person you were before.
This is has a huge effect on not only the victim but also the victims friends and family.
They may become
They may need to join a support group.
When something turns your life upside down like Lyme disease you may not be able to deal with it by yourself.
Also your friends and family may need some help dealing with it.
I recommend either going to a psychiatrist or maybe a support group.
Try a online support group that is in a forum setting.
Just use Google search engine and search for Lyme disease victims forum.
Then sign up and register.
I have included a link here from Healing Well CLICK HERE to join their forum.
This is a good option because it is filled with people who have had Lyme disease or are trying to recover from it.
Another reason why to try the online support group is they are free and money can be a problem due to the rising cost of health insurance.
Use the power of positive thing,tell your self over and over in your mind that you will get better.
Always remember it could be worse,you could have already died.
Don't worry, have faith in yourself and you will get better.
Dress to prevent a bite
- Spray on some deep woods off
- Wear a hat
- Wear a long sleeve shirt
- Wear Pants tucked into your socks or boots.
- Also wearing white can help you find a deer tick before it bites.
- Also if you have a dog if it goes outside make sure & check it for ticks
- Treat your lawn with pesticides to kill ticks.