- Education and Science»
Amazing facts: blow your mind
Here are some Marvelous facts about everything. They are compiled just to enjoy and think about things that really exist in this way.
- It impossible to lick your elbow with your tongue
- A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21 inch long tongue.
(Stop licking your elbow)
- In Turkmenistan, Gas, electricity, and water have been supplied free of charge to Turkmen households since 1993.
- Tokelau is a group of remote islands in the Pacific Ocean which receives 100 percent of its electricity from solar energy.
- Margherita, the wife of Umberto I, became the first queen of a united Italy on November 17, 1878 and in 1889 ordered the first pizza delivery as it was created in honor of the queen.
- The world’s largest Pizza, by Italian Chef’s, measured 131-feet in diameter, tipped the scales at over 51,000 pounds, and contained 1,488 pounds of margarine, 19,800 pounds of flour, 10,000 pounds of tomato sauce, 8,800 pounds of mozzarella cheese, 551 pounds of salt, 220 pounds of lettuce and 55 pounds of vinegar.
- Pizza Hut in 2001 delivered pizza to International space station in outer space.
- Bats are the only mammals that can fly. Also the leg bones of a bat are so thin that no bat can walk.
- Rats, squirrels and horses cannot vomit.
- Octopuses have three hearts, ‘it is difficult for humans to handle one’
- Elephants can smell water up to 3 miles away.
- For every Human in this world, there are one million ants.
- Group of Owls is known as a Parliament.
- A rope around 2 inches thick of spider silk has the ability to stop a Boeing 747.
- Polar bear’s skin are black and not white. Yes you heard me right, their fur is actually transparent and holds no color and it appears light because it reflects visible light.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up in the sky.
- Corn is grown on every continent except Antarctica.
- Honey is the only food that never rots.
- The most stolen food in the world is cheese.
- From this year, one cannot throw away food in Seattle.
- Carrots were basically purple
- Human babies cannot taste salt until they are 4 months old.
- Some clouds can travel up to 100 miles per hour. And every time 50 percent of the earth is covered by clouds.
- The TV remote is the dirtiest item one can find in household, hospital or hotel room.
- Hearing is the fastest human sense.
- The most common gift on a Father’s day is a Necktie.
- A Village in Rajasthan, India plants 111 trees for every girl child born.
- iPhone 3GS, 4S and 5S stands for Speed, Siri and Security respectively.
- Drinking beer helps you strengthen your bones and teeth as it has silicon, Cheers!!
- The only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible is Cat
- If you mouth the world colorful to someone it would look as if you are saying ‘I Love you’.
- Leonardo Da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other one at the same time and amazingly he invented the scissors.
- ‘Almost’ is the longest word in English language with all the letters in Alphabetical order. ‘Rhythm’ is the longest English word without a Vowel.
- It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Banging your head against the wall would require 150 calories an hour so please take care.
- Humans and Dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
- Uranus only has two seasons, summer and winter, each lasting 42 earth years and Venus spins backwards on its axis. Also Earth is the only planet not named after God.
- All Scandinavian countries have cross on their flags.