Myers and Briggs Personality Types: ISTP Profile
ISTPs are very independent people who are always on the look out for adventure and excitement. ISTPs naturally want to know how something works and why it works. In general they often have strong technical skills and are very capable in any mechanical field. ISTPs often times live in the present and struggle to look any further into the future to make plans. This makes ISTPs very spontaneous and adaptable to different situations. ISTPs also prefer to keep busy so things can keep moving; they thrive on excitement.
- ISTPs feel very uncomfortable when people get overly emotional around them.
- They need a lot of personal time and space.
- ISTPs often have a difficult time making long-term plans.
- They have a difficult time expressing their feelings to others.
- ISTPs have a tendency to be overly private in personal matters.
- They can be insensitive since they struggle to see how others are feeling.
- ISTPs are very self-reliant and capable people.
- They are not afraid of confrontation or conflict.
- They can be very good listeners
- ISTPs have an overall positive outlook on life.
- They are very good at solving problems.
- ISTPs are usually self confident
- They are very realistic and practical with situations.
- ISTPs are not afraid to reprimand people if needed.
Fictional Character with ISTP Personality
Describing Words for ISTP
- Project Manager
- Human Resources
- Police Officer
- Computer Programmer