Nebraska Crazy Laws, Fun Facts, and Trivia
Nebraska Crazy Laws
- Donut holes may not be sold in Lehigh, Nebraska.
- It is illegal to fly a plane when drunk.
- In Waterloo, Barbers are forbidden to eat onions between 7 AM and 7 PM, during regular business hours.
- In Omaha, sneezing or burping is illegal during church services.
- It is illegal to sleep naked in a hotel or motel room.
- It is illegal for bar owners to sell beer unless they are also cooking up a kettle of soup.
- You cannot get married if you have herpes.
- It is illegal for a mother to give her daughter a perm without a state license.
Note: While some of these laws may or may not still be on the books they were at one time in some shape or form a law.
Nebraska Fun Facts and Trivia
- In Nebraska in 1986 for the first time ever two women ran against each other for governorship of a state.
- Arbor Day was started in Nebraska CIty bySterlin Morton in 1872 to encourage the planting of trees.
- Spam is produced in Fermont.
- Nebraska has more underground water reserves than any other continental state is the US.
- The Lied Jungle in Omaha is the world's largest indoor rain forest.
- The fisrt Native American woman doctor, Susanne LaFlesche Picotte, lived in Nebraska.
- Sioux, Pawnee, Cheyenne, Missouri, Omaha and Ponca Indians were some of the first people to live in Nebraska.
- Lincoln county is the origin of the world's largest "Wooly Mammoth" elephant fossil.
- Nebraska is the birthplace of the Reuben Sandwich.
- Nebraska was once called "The Great American Desert".
- Nebraska has more miles of river than any other state.
- There are an average of 39 tornadoes per year in Nebraska
- The Nebraska state insect is the honeybee.
- The name Nebraska comes from a Oto Indian word meaning flat water.
- Friend, Nebraska is the location of the world's smallest police house.
The world’s largest hamburgers are made at Sioux Sundries in Harrison, Nebraska.
Camping in Nebraska
Bluestem State Recreation Area, Sprague, Nebraska
This is a primitive camping recreation area, it is best suited to tent camping. There is no electricity sewer hook-up or showers. There are pit toilets. There is also a fire pit and picinic table at each camp site. There is fishing, a boat dock, swimming pool and a small playground area for children.
Fremont Lakes State Recreational Area, Ames, Nebraska
This camping recreation area includes: boating, fishing, water skiing, a swimming beach, dump stations, modern bathrooms and showers, picinic tables, shelter houses, fireplaces, playground equipment, water, lights, and boat launch sites.
Holiday Park Camping Resort, North Platte, Nebraska
This campground has many amenities including: laundry facilities, moterns roestrooms and showers, a pool, pull-through shady grassy hook-up areas for RV's and a separate tent area.
Attractions in the area include, but are not limited to: Children's Museum, Wild West Museum, Fort Cody Trading Post, and Cody Park Railroad Museum.
Calaus State Recreation Area, Burwell, Nebraska
The aminities for this camping are are: fishing, modern restrooms and showers, dump station, water, and a swimming beach.
Indian Cave State Park, Shubert, Nebraska
This campsite has some great aminities, including: hiking trails, fishing, modern bathrooms and showers, firepits, and an amphitheater, which shows movies on Fridays and Saturdays.
Natick Campground, Nebraska NF, Nebraska
The aminities include: vault toilets, fiewood provided to each site, laundry rooms, modern bathrooms and showers, computer with internet access, barbershop, general store, playground, picinic area with grill pits, bagged ice, snake and supplies bar, rec room(with treadmill, stationary bike, and stair stepper), and cable TV.
Pine Grove RV Park, Greenwood, Nebraska
Aminities include: wireless internet, swimming pool, playground, horseshoe pit, volley-ball court, tennis court, exercise room, and modern restrooms and showers.
West Omaha KOA, Gretna, Nebraska
Some of the aminities are: free miniature golf, pool, hot tub, snack bar and modern bathrooms and showers.
Crazy Laws Hubs by koffeeklatch gals
- Funny Laws Dumb Laws Crazy Laws
Since I am still addicted to reading and writing about dumb laws, here is the second article on Crazy Laws Dumb Laws Funny Laws for Alabama through Montana.
- Crazy Colorada Laws
Colorado Image from google.com/images This is a beautiful state. Just thinking about it's beautiful scenery is enough to relax you. The mountains, lakes, and fields of wheat cast a soothing aura over...
- Idaho Crazy Laws
1. If you are 88 years or older, it's illegal to ride a motorcycle in Idaho Falls. Senior citizens, keep you motorcyle outside city limits. 2. A person may not be seen in public without a smile on...
- Kansas Crazy Laws, trivia, and Fun Facts
1. In Lawrence, Kansas all cars entering the city limits must first sound their horn to warn the horses of their arrival. 2. Catching fish with your bare hands is illegal. 3. One may not picket a...
- Iowa Crazy Laws and Trivia
1. It is illegal to accept a gratuity or tip in Iowa. Wow, I hope they pay the service field people a great salary. 2.In Marshalltown, Iowa, horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants. Well, thank...
- Montana Crazy Laws, Fun Facts and Trivia
Beautiful Montana It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone. In Billings, Montana it is illegal for employee's of the city's communications center to program their phones...