Never Buy These Items New
I recently post a hub on things you should never buy used. Well this is the opposite! Things you should never buy new. If you think about it, most items that are used are usually still in pretty good condition and usually sold at a fraction of the cost!
First and foremost :
1) DVDs and CDs. If original owners have taken good care of them then they are pretty good and saving you money. And even if they aren't, there is scratch remover. And other ways to make the DVD or CD playable again.
2) Books. You can buy books anywhere. Online sellers, hole in the wall book stores, or even get them free at your local library. Another place is your local thrift store. And in pretty good condition at that! I never buy books new. Always a better deal when I can get them for a couple bucks or even a dime at a yard sale as well.
3) Video Games. Let's face it, kid(s) get sick of playing the same games and will bore of them rather quickly. So that new release that you've been hoping for may just be on the used shelf at a local gaming place rather soon. So check online at places like Amazon, eBay etc. You can usually get them at half the price
4) Games and Toys. Just like video games, kids bore with their "favorite" toy rather quickly. Check your local paper for moving sales, yard sales, Craigslist etc. Just remember to give them a good washing or bleach when you get them home and you're good to go!
5) Musical Instruments. Ok so your child comes to you with an idea for playing. As I've stated before, kids get bored. So before you run out and buy a brand new instrument and then have it collect dust, rent on or buy one used. So unless you have a prodigy on your hands, something gently used will come in handy until they prove it's something they really want to do.
6) Electronics. Yes I'm sure we all want the shiny new toy that has just come out. But resold computers, phones etc are usually sent back and re-fixed, just sold at a lower cost. Just be sure to use that warranty and you are set!
These are just a few of the things that can save you time and money when considering new purchases. So the next time you want to rush out and buy that hot new item, consider who might get bored with it later and how much you can save!