- Education and Science»
- Law & Legal Issues
Elder Abuse Law Attorney - How To Get Elder Care Help With Elder Abuse Attorneys That Understand Nursing Homes Abuse Law
Elder Law Attorney
For the next 18 years or so there will be approximately 8,000 people turning 65 everyday.These people are called baby boomers. With more senior than ever before in history our senior care facilities are becoming crowded and neglect is sure to happen more frequently.
Studies show that 30 percent of nursing homes in the United States which is 5,283 facilities, were cited for almost 9,000 charges of abuse or neglect over a two-year period, from January 1999 to January 2001.
It's unfortunate but the neglect in our senior facilities are on the rise. How sad is it to visit a loved on and find that they have been abused or neglected. We can suspect all we want, but our seniors are in trouble and need our help.
Just imagine you loved one being neglect and the accused facility charges you to fix the damage.This happens everyday.They will also want you to sign an agreement releasing them from any wrong doing. Don't sign anything without a lawyer. Your lawyer.
How to Report Elder Abuse Before Seeking an Elder Law Attorney
A facility that is accused will have their own lawyers that are there to protect them and you must get one to protect your interest as well. Never talk to a Nursing Home Attorney you didn't hire. An attorney is hired to protect their clients from harm.
- Act Fast- You want to stop the problem as soon as possible to prevent further harm.
- Contact Administrator - An administrator from the home will look into any complaints and get back to you. If you are not happy with the assistance and still see and issue call file a complaint at a state agency.
- State Agency - Hot line for elder abuse is located on your state government website.
- Call police.- If there is an emergency you may have to call the police right away.
- Call a Nursing Home Attorney.to talk to the proper people involved on your behave.
- Never sign a form releasing them from wrongful doings.
- Never use their lawyer. Ever.
Elder Law Attorney Specialize In Nursing Home Abuse Laws
Protecting an abused senior from further abuse is the first and most important step to take. Your lawyer will take full control and make the necessary steps to assure that the perpetrators are properly detained, persecuted or relieved of their duties. The can be put under strict supervision to being arrested with criminal charges.
Being abused has lasting affects and can cause an elderly person to withdraw from stress or possibly die because of the intensity of the abuse or neglect. Nursing Home Attorneys will make sure that there is compensation or treatment to help the victim recover to their best ability.
Why You Should Hire Nursing Homes Elder Law Attorney
You may have an attorney but many attorneys have specialties. If you don't hire an attorney that specializes in Nursing Homes abuse laws you could be leaving money on the table. Your loved one deserves the best help from the right attorney.
- Explain complicated issues to jurors.
- Know what question to ask and what people to see.
- Know what information a Nursing Facility will hide.
- Successfully handle your case from past experiences..
- They know what type of case you need and how to proceed.
Signs of Abuse and Neglect In A Nursing Home
There are many signs of abuse and/or neglect that can escape us when we don't know what to look for or don't visit as often as we should.
- Weight Loss
- Cuts and Bruises
- Visiting Revoked
- Broken Bones
- Bed sores
- Over medicated
- Ruined clothing
Having your elderly cared for and safe is a job we have to take seriously. Dropping by on a regular and irregular basis will show that you are serous about family. Knowing what signs to look for will help you catch a problem in the beginning and hopefully not to late.
Using a Nursing Home Neglect Attorney is the best move for your success. Abuse and neglect is criminal and should be treated as such. General Lawyers can miss what a specialist will not. Don't lower your chances of success from using the wrong lawyer for a Nursing Abuse Case.