Online Teaching and Tutoring - List of Tutoring and Mentoring Jobs
Online teaching and tutoring jobs can be found for teachers, tutors or mentors, and even subject experts in any subject - if this is you, then you can find work from home working as an online tutor.
The Internet, brought an explosion of online tutoring and mentoring jobs as every training company, college and University started providing online classes to pupils around the world.
Below is a list of some organisations that can provide you with work as an online tutor or mentor
Tutoring can cover anything from tutoring maths, English, foreign languages, or even keyboarding skills or more industry specific courses. Maybe you're a semi-retired electrician or engineer, or perhaps you are an expert in astronomy or even astrology. There are courses being taught online in every subject.
The list below outlines some of the organisations that have online tutoring employment opportunities, followed by a list of links to their websites.
The Benefits of Online Teaching
With online teaching, you don't have to be in a classroom, in a specific place, at a specific set time. Your time is your own. Most courses are not delivered live and your role is simply to keep an eye on student progress and to give them feedback, set assignments and mark assignments.
Some of the more sophistcated courses might require you to hold webinars, which would just require you to log onto their system and deliver a class via a webcam, but at the moment most of them are not equipped to do this.
You can set the hours you work and juggle your workload around your existing commitments.
Your class size might vary from 6 to 60, but as you're managing them online it's usually easy to track their progress and contact them through the website of the learning provider.
Online Teaching Jobs From Home
One of the biggest advantages of online teaching jobs is that they are usually done from home. With online teaching jobs from home being a growth area, it opens up the opportunites for people just like you to teach your chosen subject to groups and individuals across the world - fitting in with your need for an income and the hours you have available.
How to Apply for Online Teaching Jobs
- The first step is to apply and submit applications to every company that you qualify for. These companies will receive hundreds of applicants weekly, so make sure you're not instantly dismissed by not following their instructions or filling out any forms correctly. Make it easy for them to consider your application.
- Build a good reputation if you can before you apply. If you're new to online tutoring, then why not sign up with a company like Homework and get some experience and feedback under your belt. Always make sure you take your online tutoring commitments seriously, people are relying on your feedback and prompt attention to their learning needs. The better you are seen to be doing at any one site will influence how quickly you can progress and be taken on by a better, larger or higher-paying organisation.
Freelance Tutoring Jobs
Under the heading of freelance tutoring jobs, there can be a wide variety of opportunities for tutors or trainers to undertake short training sessions, often online, or even to get involved in writing or reviewing course materials.
It's worth keeping an eye on freelance tutoring jobs too as you can never tell when a great opportunity will present itself.
Freelance jobs will be paid on a "per project" basis and projects tend to be quite short in the first instance, but once you have your feet under the table with an organisation you can often look forward to regular ongoing work, or even recommendations.
Online Tutoring Jobs Vacancies
There are many companies who hire online tutors and these vacancies can be found online.
While there are some opportunities for people without formal qualifications, having a relevant degree is a pre-requisite for highly paid online tutoring jobs of academic subjects.
Work at Home Online Tutoring Jobs
- Work at Home: Online Tutor Vacancies
Online tutor jobs.
(Florida/Georgia only) One of the great benefits our Spanish and English Instructors enjoy is the opportunity to work from home. This is possible because we tutor by telephone. All tutoring is administered in direct correlation with the SpanishPower™ or InglésPoderoso™ Courseware. Instructor Manuals are provided as part of training.
To Teach for Bilingual America You Must:
1. Have native Spanish skill as well as a minimum of 80% English skill to teach Spanish for us.
2. Have native English skill and a minimum of 80% Spanish skill to teach English for us.
3. Have a quiet atmosphere from where to teach by phone.
4. Possess a minimum four-year University Degree. Does not need to be in field of language training. We will train.
5. Live in either Georgia or Florida.
6. Have excellent communication and people skills.
Brain Mass is an inclusive community of graduate thinkers from around the world. They all have unique backgrounds, skill-sets and experiences that make their individual services extremely valuable to others. You can take a quick browse through the Online TA Profiles and you will realize just how far-reaching the talents of their members are.
The intent of the BrainMass initiative is to provide a structured system for mobilizing this talent pool. This community is focused on growth. They believe that if every member contributes, they will be able to achieve successes far greater than any one person can alone.
The common interests of the community are: teaching students, earning supplemental income, collaborating academically on internal projects, sharing and creating new knowledge, changing the way students learn, and communicating actively with the outside world.
Qualifications: Applicants may register as Online TAs if they are currently working on, or have obtained, a graduate-level (Masters or PhD) degree from an accredited university.
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in five schools, Capella University strives to deliver academic excellence online to our more than 29,281 learners. Founded in 1993 with a vision of creating barrier-free educational opportunities for working adults, Capella combines high-caliber education with flexible online technology and unsurpassed university support services.
They were also voted one of the best places to work in 2008.
Some of their positions are designed to be remote “home office” settings. These include Faculty Chairs, Core Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, and most Corporate Sales positions.
Qualifications: You will need a Masters degree
**No longer operating**
Do you want to expand your tutoring business across the nation? or even around the globe? Homeworkhelp.com helps you build your own Online Tutoring Center without technical hassles. They do not hire you, they enable you to build your own business using their services and software.
They provide you with:
- e-classroom software and training
- e-classroom hosting (no bandwidth charge)
- e-Commerce solution (points system)
- Private e-classroom
- Customer service and tech support
Meaning you can:
- Deliver your tutoring services over the Internet to remote students
- Communicate with remote students in real-time with Internet voice chat, text chat, file share, interactive whiteboard,...etc.
- Check your earning in real-time 24x7
- Receive payment from us (via PayPal) without setting up a complicated credit card merchant account to receive payments from students!
How Much Can You Charge?
You decide! Name your own fees! Typically, parents are paying between $35 to $75 per hour for onsite (home) tutoring. They suggest that the reasonable and affordable range for parents is between $12 to $36 per hour for online tutoring and live homework help. Most tutoring sessions will last an average of approximately 1 hour per session.
They also take care of e-commerce for you! You don't need to worry about how parents pay you and when you will receive payment. On the 15th of each month, HomeworkHelp will pay you via PayPal for services rendered during the preceding month.
Homework help provide homework help as well as online learning and online classes delivered via webcam.
If you have a subject you wish to teach, then you can suggest a subject to them.
KC Distance Learning
KC Distance Learning (KCDL) is a rapidly growing, for-profit education company that provides online learning opportunities to K-12 students. Markets include families, schools and school districts in all 50 states who are seeking greater quality, flexibility and choice in primary and secondary education.
Their Aventa Learning is a leading provider of online curriculum for schools and districts. The company offers one of the largest catalogs of online courses, including core curriculum, electives, foreign language, and Advanced Placement for middle school, high school and credit recovery.
With Limu, you can teach or tutor any subject or skill you have mastered, whether academic, professional or hobby-related.
Real-life teachers, students, professionals, even hobbyists who have knowledge to offer can teach and tutor others who wish to learn the skills. We believe that what you know is unique and that there are many people around the world who would want to learn about your areas of Knowledge and expertise. From maths and marketing to painting and cooking, there are over 400 subject categories in which you can register your Knowledge Asset.
Knowledge Assets are any Knowledge offering that you would like to teach at Limu, from courses and degree programmes to tutoring sessions and lifelong learning.
You can offer a one-hour introduction to a subject or a Knowledge Asset consisting of several sessions held over a period of weeks or months. Because Limu is a Knowledge marketplace, it is you who decides what content to offer and how to structure your offering.
- You provide live learning using online meeting software, skype, phone etc.
- Create your profile, set your course content, price and let students sign up.
- Provide free content to build your credibility among students who don't know your abilities. Example: Upload documents, Powerpoint presentations, Podcast or YouTube Video and link it from your profile
- Answer students' questions, schedule free trial sessions when students sign up.
- Students pay Learners Paradise before they begin the course, they release the payment at the end of the course to you.
- You register for FREE, and only pay them only 25% of the fees you get from Learners.
Rio Salado College
Rio Salado College staff over 1,100 adjunct instructors each semester, and are currently looking for instructors to teach in-person, online, and print-based classes.
Classes start every Monday, so they’re constantly seeking competent, caring, qualified professionals who not only possess outstanding credentials and experience in their fields, but also have the desire to share their expertise with our students
Qualifications: You will require a degree to take up this online teaching opportunity.
SMARTHINKING is hiring motivated individuals to serve as part-time tutors. The major responsibility is tutoring students of varying abilities and ages; however, responsibilities may include assisting in the training and mentoring of new tutors. Candidates can work from any place where they have computer and Internet access.
When registering, select the subject(s) that you are fairly proficient in. When a student posts a question, it will be forwarded to all registered users with that particular category selected in their profile. After answering the question, the student will have the option of buying your service based on your rating, feedback and resume.
After a student chooses your answer, he or she will pay you through StudentQuestions.com via PayPal. A small percentage of it will go to them as commission. Make sure the answers are complete and thorough. Students select tutors based on feedback and rating!
TutorCentral is a commission-based (no registration fees) site that brings students and parents in contact with reputable and qualified tutors who help to improve their grades. By having a central education and knowledge market place, students are assured of the best prices for tutoring and tutors are assured of access to multiple requests as well as secure and guaranteed billing and payment when tutoring is completed.
Qualifications: You must provide evidence of any qualifications you need to teach the courses/subjects you wish to.
This one is a little different as it's actually a role that requires the tutor to visit the families in their homes to tutor their child. I've included it for completeness.
About 10 years ago, John Hooi had a simple idea and a desire to make a difference. He wondered why parents had to adjust their family’s busy schedules and drive halfway across town just to put their child in another classroom with more kids…when in fact it was the classroom experience that their child was struggling with in the first place. John wondered….
- What if a tutor could come directly to the child’s home to deliver tutoring services instead of fragmenting a family’s precious time together by forcing parents to act as “taxi drivers”?
- What if there was flexibility in the tutor’s schedule so that tutoring time slots could be scheduled to accommodate for a family’s busy schedule?
- What if a struggling child could get one on one attention instead of being limited to the “one-to-many” teaching models used by most extra-curricular learning centers?
- What if a tutor could develop a personalized program by working with the child’s existing homework and school curriculum instead of loading more standard textbook work on an already overwhelmed child?
- What if average families could get access to top tutoring resources sometimes reserved only for wealthier families?
These questions and more were eventually answered through the development of the Tutor Doctor program. Over the last 10 years, the Tutor Doctor vision has taken shape. In 2003 the company turned to franchising as a way of expanding the company’s impact and meeting the vast market demand. Now with offices internationally, the Tutor Doctor vision is becoming a reality as the lives of students and their families are being positively impacted
List of Online Tutoring Employment Opportunities
- Freelance Jobs in Tutoring and Education
Freelance jobs in tutoring and education
- Kumon.co.uk - Franchise Opportunities and Careers in Education
Private Tuition: There's a growing industry in private tuition. Kumon is always looking for private tutors, as well as people who want to own their own tutoring business. Find out how careers in education are on the increase....
- Limu - live courses and online, interactive learning
Limu is the global Knowledge market place where teaching and learning is live, online and interactive
- Rio Salado
Online tutors wanted
- Smarthinking | Pearson
Smarthinking provides online tutoring that drives student success.
- Flexible Online Courses & Homeschool Programs | The Keystone School
The Keystone School offers flexible education programs for high school, middle school and elementary school. Learn more about The Keystone School today!
- Work with us - Homework Tutoring
Online tutors wanted to help with homework, test preparation, advanced problems, projects or online tutoring in Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Electronics, English, Math, Statistics, Physics, Programming. From school through to university.
- BrainMass - Homework Help from BrainMass
Onine tutoring jobs and a leading resource for College students.
- Homeworkhelp.com - The Best Place to Find Online Tutors forLive Homework Help!
Live Online Tutoring. AccuLive require live, online tutors. Join us now!
- Capella University Careers - Capella Job Openings - Career Openings at Capella
Capella University Careers - Capella rewards creative, enterprising, intelligent professionals willing to accept, encourage, and initiate change. View Capella job openings online at our site.
More in this Series
- Work Online Teaching Classes Work from Home
If you have a skill, experience or qualifications, then you can work online teaching classes in your subject. The work you can do will vary between writing your own courses and using a website to deliver...
© 2009 Dedicated Content Curator