Predictions About the Future From the Past and Present
Things That Should of Happened.
There was a prediction of a catastrophic event that would happen on September 23, 2015.
Paleontologist Jack Horner predicted a dinosaur would be created by 2015. No such animal is alive today.
In 2014 the U.S. had its first Ebola case. Center for Disease Control Director, Dr. Tom Frieden, correctly predicted, “There is no doubt in my mind we will stop it here.” There were predictions there would be up to 130 Ebola cases in the U.S. in 2014. There were fewer than 10 Ebola cases in the U.S. in 2014.
According to Marc Faber there was to be a stock market crash in 2014 that would be worse than the 1987 crash.[i] Bill Miller stated conditions for a bad market don't exist.[ii] Time proved Bill Miller correct.
Richard Branson claimed his space airline Virgin Galactic would fly its first paying customer in 2014. Tom Brewer predicted Virgin Galactic would never fly a paying customer. So far Tom Brewer is correct.
The end of the world on December 21, 2012 isn’t the only event that didn’t happen in 2012. On December 14, 2011 Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said the fall of Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad could come in weeks. Israel was predicted to attack Iran’s nuclear facilities in the spring of 2012, then during the London Olympics, and then before the U.S. election in November.
London-based Oil Depletion Analysis Centre predicts demand will outstrip discovery then discovery will sharply decline starting in 2011. There were predictions in 2011 of gas price in the U.S. being between $4 & $5 a gallon by Memorial Day, 2011. Gas did go above $4 in May but the prices dropped below $4 before Memorial Day. Predictions of gas prices reaching $6 a gallon in the U.S. by the summer of 2011 never materialized. According to Robert Hirsch gas in the U.S. should have been $12 - $15 at the pump in 2015[iii].
[i] CNBC, http://www.cnbc.com/id/101573688
[ii] CNBC, http://www.cnbc.com/id/101573688
[iii] Interview at Energytechstocks.com
Predictions for 2016 and how they turned out.
Scientists will produce a living wooly mammoth. - Didn't happen.
President Obama will leave office before the end of his term according to Eurp Pacific Capital CEO, Peter Schiff. He predicted in an interview on Fox Business; "I don't think (President) Obama is going to finish his second term without the bottom dropping out." Technically this prediction won’t be proven wrong until January 2017. - Didn't happen in 2016.
The stock market will have a worse year than 2015.[i] The recession will be worse than 2008 according to Michael Pento, president and founder of Pento Portfolio Stratiges.[ii] - Close of December 29 Dow Jones stands at - 19819.7793.
Secretary Hillary Clinton will be indicted and forced to drop out of the presidential race because of the email scandal, according to Joseph diGenova.[iii] - She finished the race.
Anyone who predicted someone other than Donald Trump would be elected was wrong.
Dow Jones Industrial Average
Gold Price Per Ounce
Silver Price Per Ounce
The 2 people who predicted Secretary Clinton would not be forced out of the presidential race are right and former U.S. attorney for DC Joseph diGenova was wrong.
Predictions for 2017
Richard Branson believed Virgin Galactic will show a profit. It didn't happen. So far Tom Brewer’s prediction that Virgin Galactic would never fly a paying customer is holding up.
NBC's prediction Americans will have implanted microchips has come to pass. Some Americans have such implants.
Donald J. Trump is The President of The United States so the prediction President Obama will be the last American president is wrong.
President Obama didn't reveal alien and UFO details held by the US before he lleft office.
William A. Holden, former Chief of the Propellants, Logistics and Services Office at NASA's John F. Kennedy Space Center (KSC), predicted NASA will launch American astronauts into space.[i] This has not happened.
Aerolatinnews.com predicted worldwide airlines will carry 3.91 Billion passengers. Airline passengers exceeded that total.
Predictions for 2018
Terrafugia will have a prototype flying car. The prototype made 317 successful take offs and landing.
According to the IMF the U.S. economy will grow 2.5%
According to the Bank of America the bull market will end. The Dow Jones Industrial average has taken a significant decline from its record breaking high in October 2018.
The U.S. budget deficit will be $589 billion according to OMB director Mick Mulvaney. The U.S. budget deficit for 2018 was $830 billion.
Gold will be $700 per ounce according to Harry Dent. Gold stood at $1,280.40.
According to Goldman Sacks it will be a good year for the U.S. Economy. The unemployment rate will drop to 3.7%. Inflation will rise to 1.8%. The U.S. unemployment rate dropped to 3.7% and was 3.7% in November 2018.
Predictions for 2019
According to Goldman Sacks unemployment may reach 3.5%. It happened.
SpaceX will fly 2 space tourists around the moon. It didn't happen.
The Mars spaceship will be ready for short flights according to SpaceX CEO Elon Musk. It didn't happen.
In the 2019 State of the Union Address President Trump claimed an American rocket will launch Americans into space. It didn't happen.
Predictions for 2020
The People's Republic of China will land a rover on Mars in 2020. It didn't happen.
Digital versions of people will make decisions for them according to John Smart in 2020. It didn't happen.
According to NASA the Antarctic Larsen B Ice Shelf will break apart completely by 2020. It happened.
President Trump won't finish his presidency.
President Trump will quit seeking re-election in March, 2020 according to Anthony Scaramucci.[I] It didn't happen.
The People's Republic of China will land a rover on Mars.[ii]
The glaciers in Glacier National Park will be gone according to the National Park Service. It didn't happen. The National Park Service removed the warning in June 2019.
An MIT computer model predicts the standard of living will start to decline.[iii]
10-Year Yield is headed all the way to zero, according to Bob Michele, chief investment officer and head of global fixed income.
Pope Francis will resign. It didn't happen.
The UK will exit the EU. It happened.
Coronavirus brought about many predictions there were some accurate predictions and predictions with various degrees of inaccuracies.
According to the Centre for Applied Macroeconomics Analysis, The Global Macroeconomics Impacts of COVID-19: February 2020 the Coronavirus will kill at least 236,000 people in the U.S. and 15 million worldwide in the first year. The prediction proved true for the United States but as of 1/1/2021 the worldwide deaths were 1.8 million.
A University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School Model around May 20, predicted at least 4.3 million cases and 230,000 deaths in the U.S. by July 24. At the time there were over 1.5 million cases and over 92,000 deaths in America. On July 24 the U.S. had 4,097,270 confirmed cases and 145,184 deaths.
Andy Slavitt made a Twitter post on March 14 that claimed: "By March 23 many of our largest cities & hospitals are on course to be overrun with cases." It didn't happen.
An average of 23 models was accurate in predicting the number of COVID-19 deaths in America.
Ed Young predicted in an article in The Atlantic there would be 2.2 million deaths in the U.S. because of COVID-19 by September 21.[iv]
The University of Washington's IHME model and Youyang Gu correctly predicted the number of COVID-19 deaths by November 1. The IHME incorrectly predicted COVID-19 would kill 410,000 by the end of 2020.
Dr. Anthony S. Fauci correctly predicted COVID-19 infections could exceed 100,000 per day.
Dr. Jonathan Reiner of George Washington University predicted the COVID-19 death toll in the U.S. would near 4,000 deaths per day by December 6. The highest daily death toll by December 6 was 2,879 on December 4.
Christ Whitty & Patrick Vallance predicted the UK would have 50,000 daily cases and 200,000 deaths by November. The highest daily cases in November was 33,517 on November 12. As of November 7 the UK death toll was 48,978.
President Joe Biden sated during the October 22 debate COVID-19 will kill about 423,000 people by the end of 2020. He raised that total to over 520,000 at a Virtual Event on the Economic Impact of COVID-19 on December 2. On December 31 as of 5:23 PM Eastern Time the death toll was 345,051.
[iv] https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/how-will-coronavirus-end/608719/, last accessed 1/1/21.
Predictions For 2021
India will have a crewed space mission. It didn't happen.
SpaceX will ferry tourists into high Earth orbit. On September 16 the SpaceX Inspiration4 mission carried 4 tourists into space. Jared Isaacman paid for himself and the other passengers.
Cheetahs could be extinct in the wild. There are about 8,000 cheetahs living in the wild in 2022. Almost all of these are in Africa. There are about 50 cheetahs in Asia.
The CDC predicted there would be 378,000 - 419,000 COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. by January 16. The CDC made this predictions on December 23 when there were already 316,000 deaths in the U.S. from COVID-19. There were 395,877 deaths on January 16.
The University of Washington school of Medicine correctly predicted there will be 314,000 - 477,000 COVID-19 deaths in the US by February 1.
Healthdata.org correctly predicted there will be 304,692.35 - 613,858.95 COVID-19 deaths in the US by February 1. Healthdata made this prediction when there were over 219,000 COVID-19 deaths. As of December 16, 2020 there were 306,671 deaths.
The U.S. death toll from COVID-19 could be over 500,000 by February 1 unless nearly all Americans wear face masks according to the University of Washington School of Medicine. On February 1 the death toll stood at 450,296.
The U.S. death toll from COVID-19 will be over 455,00 by March 1 according to the Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington. On February 9 the death toll was 466,535.
COVID-19 will be mostly gone by April according to Dr. Marty Makary of the John Hopkins School of Medicine and Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Predictions for 2022
- The ESA will launch the Rosalind Franklin to Mars. It didn't happen and probably won't happen before 2028.
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk plans to launch space ships to Mars. It didn't happen.
- India plans to have a human mission to the Moon. It didn't happen.
- According to Henry Markram we could create a simulation of the entire human brain on a supercomputer.
- SpaceX will fly Yusaku Maezawa around the moon.
- Indian astrologers and tarot card readers predict the Biden Presidency will end and Vice-President Kamala Harris will become president.
- Nostradamus Predictions - According to Times Now Digital - September 15, 2022:*
- World War III
- People land on Mars
- A new Pope and a great scandal within the Church
- A New World Order
- Jim Yong Kim, President of the World Bank, predicted there would be battles over water and food.
- Terrafugia will have production flying cars.
- According to Bloomberg China will exceed the U.S. as the number 1 market for air travel.
- SpaceX will land on Mars according to Elon Musk.
- Former president Donald Trump claimed America would land astronauts on the Moon.
- Terrafugia will have production flying cars.
- Bloomberg claims China will exceed the U.S. as the number 1 market for air travel.
- According to Blumberg India will be the number 3 market for air travel behind China and the U.S.
- According to NADA Glacier National Park in Montana might not have any glaciers by 2025. This won’t last long because another prediction is the earth will begin a mini-ice age by 2030.[ii]
- Seawater will be used for fuel.
- Construction on a space hotel will begin.
2026 - Elon Musk plans a human mission to Mars.
- Sam Becker predicts these jobs will be rare or no longer exist in America; drivers, farmers, postal workers, broadcasters, jewelers, fishermen, printers and publishers, cashiers, delivery, travel agents, dispatchers, telemarketers, manufacturing workers, sports officials and referees.
- Chinese sociologist Dr. Li Yi predicts China will overtake the U.S. in GDP.
- The U.S. will have a permanent human presence on the moon according to 2018 NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine.
- Microchip implants will be commonplace in humans.
- Passenger movements in Australia will double to 279 million, according to Flightglobal.
- China will have humans on a lunar base.
- A Houston Chronicle report claims Houston will overtake Chicago as the 3rd most populace city in the United States according to a Houston Chronicle report.
- The Earth will begin a mini-ice age.
- Standard Chartered predicts the top economies will be; (1) China (2) India (3) U.S.A.
- All products will be services. (World Economic Forum)
- There will be a global price on carbon. (World Economic Forum)
- U.S. dominance will be over. (World Economic Forum)
- 3D printed human organs will replace transplants. (World Economic Forum)
- Meat will be a luxury item, not a staple. (World Economic Forum)
- Climate change will displace 1 billion people.(World Economic Forum)
- We'll be ready to move humans to Mars. (World Economic Forum)
- U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez claims the would will end.
- China will overtake the U.S. economy.
- U.S. Federal Aviation Administration projects a steady and moderate growth in air traffic from 2013-2033.
- According to NOAA the Arctic Ocean will be ice free.
- According to an MIT model civilization will end.
- Spain will have the longest life expectancy, 85.8 years.
2045 - Josh Bocanegra claims his company Humai will be able to resurrect the dead.[iii]
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2016 Robert Sacchi