- Education and Science
Proverbs from my land
These are proverbs and statements for meditation.There are proverbs from the forest, proverbs from the savannah and proverbs from my grandfather.
Proverbs from the forest
- Who can beat drums and dance too?
- To make gift is to save for rainy days.
-The cock which says: "I will sing tomorrow", will never sing.
-The stingy man does harm to two persons: to the one who holds out his hand and to himslelf.
-Don't share the rabbit when it is still in its hole.
-The first step is always difficult; the second is easier.
-The crowbars of the crab sometimes kill the crab itself.
-The mad men don't hate themselves.
The antelope died from hunger telling:" tomorrow I will eat at my friend's home".
- There is always dust in the meal cooked by children.
Proverbs from the savannah
- Who works in the sun will eat in the shade.
- In the kigdom of the blindmen , the one-eyed is king.
-Bitten by a snake, I am afraid of a rope.
- Empty cans make the most noise.
- As a rich man you only need a day to become poor but as a poor man you need more than ten years to become rich.
- The antelope is not the daughter of the elephant.
- Don't do to your nephew the insult that you don't want your uncle do to you.
-The hen which has chicks always looks back while walking.
- Who tells you :" buy this horse", will never help you to feed it.
Proverbs and statements from my grandfather
-Shame to the man who did less than his father.
- A child can't make a woman be pregnant.
- Beautiful women can lead men either in paradise or in hell.
- No matter how long the trunk of a tree remains in the river, it never become crocodile.
- Old pots prepare the best dishes.
-There are only three events in a man's life: birth,life and death.
-Those who make no errors are those who do nothing.
- If you follow thousand roads, you'll get lost.