- Education and Science
List of Punnett Square Online Calculators
A Bit About The Punnet Square...
Our parents carry certain alleles and by using this Punnett Square, we can determine/predict what the possible offspring would carry.
The top-most squares are alleles from one parent while the squares on the extreme left are alleles from the other parent. See photo on the right.
A bit about Punnett Squares
List of websites...
- Virtual Lab Punnett Squares -- contains an introductory video, calculator and journal. There are different scenarios to choose from and recommended for further practice.
- Silverfall's Punnett Squares-- very straightforward; just key in your alleles and it will fill it up for you.
- Chang Bioscience Punnett Squares-- a simple-to-use tool to use; it has the most common allele combinations that are just one click away. Aside from the completed Punnett Squares, it also includes the Genotype Frequencies (in percentage).
- Bugaco Punnett Square-- this link includes options of what type of trait is asked (autosomal one-trait calculator, sex-linked one-trait calculator, autosomal two-trait calculator, sex-linkedtwo-trait calculator).
- Bifido Punnett Square-- this is a 15-day free trial and costs $4.95 to buy the full version. Recommended for easy and complicated punnett square problems. There are extensions such as Fruit Fly Gender Calculator and Cross-Over Calculator.
- Online Knowledge Magazine Punnett Square-- calculator to determine the probability of eye colours (Eye Colour Heredity). Just drag the gene pairs from the Punnett Squares to the empty squares on the right-hand side of the screen.
The links above are useful and should be used as a tool to help you enhance your knowledge about this Genetics topic. Do not rely solely on these calculators and nothing can beat the good ole manual (pen and paper) Punnett Square drawing.