- Education and Science»
Reasons Why We Need to Study Mathematics Subjects
Whether you like it or not mathematics is part of your life already and no matter where you go, you will inevitably stumble upon numbers, and mathematical calculations (discounts, changes, calculations, etc.). In your pursuit in attaining education you need to overcome mathematics, from kinder to college. Subjects in mathematics like Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry (Plane and Spherical), Probability and Statistics, and Calculus (Differential and Integral), are seem difficult to overcome for the vast majority. Moreover mathematics is thoroughly employed in science subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Thermodynamics and many more field of endeavors.
But why you need to study mathematics well and if possible master it, here are some reasons why:
- Mathematics enhances your logic reasoning which is essential in studies. You will be able to understand other allied subjects further, have a full grasp of programming codes and deal with intricate and complex problems easier once you entered college.
- Mathematics help you become mature, as it furthers your decision making skills. Mathematics makes you a consummate decision maker since it taught and trained you to think deeper and come up with sound and concrete solutions.
- You can apply the things you learn in mathematics in real life, to gain profit, and avoid losses. Mixture, money, and simple interest problems for instance can aid you with your business undertakings. And if you are an accountant or at least a graduate of this course, you are a capable of running a business.
- You need to master mathematics if you want to bolster your chance of passing examinations (board licensure examinations and the likes). If you want to be an engineer or accountant you must have a solid background in mathematics to pull through.
- For obvious reason, mathematics is part of the program of school’s curriculum if you want to have a diploma; you need to at least earn a passing grade and if you can carve out a high grade then that is better.
- If you are good in mathematics, it is mostly likely that you are capable of excelling in other fields of expertise. Mathematics provides you higher form of learning that will improve your critical thinking skills and understanding, which are vital in learning and acquiring necessary skills.
- Mathematics develops positive values like perseverance, resilience, persistence, and patience.
- The things you learned in mathematics will never forsake you as it will be stored in your brain for a lifetime. In turn, you can help younger people including your kids with their assignments as years goes by and provide them tutorials as well.
- It provides you satisfaction and joy every time you get the correct answers while you answer some math questions.
- You need mathematics when you are already employed or when you are tending to your business.
Now you have an idea why you need to perform well in mathematics since it is so important in in your daily life and achieving you goals in the future. There’s no doubt that mathematics play a crucial role in attaining success.
- How to Pass the Board Licensure Examination
(The original contents of this hub was accidentally deleted, hayz, I don't have an idea why it was deleted maybe I could be the culprit or someone deleted it when I forgot to sign out, still this is a blessing...
- How to Pass the Civil Service Examination in the Philippines
The Civil Service Examination that is given in the Philippines is indeed a tough nut to crack; the passing rate over the years had dipped drastically, no thanks to the high 80% mark, one should hurdle. The...
Some Useful Math Quotations That May Inspire You With Your Math Undertakings
If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is
only because they do not realize how complicated life is. ~John Louis
Arithmetic is where the answer is right and everything is nice and you can look out of the window and see the blue sky - or the answer is wrong and you have to start over and try again and see how it comes out this time. ~Carl Sandburg
Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas. ~Albert Einstein
Mathematics are well and good but nature keeps dragging us around by the nose. ~Albert Einstein
Black holes result from God dividing the universe by zero. ~Author Unknown
Mathematics - the unshaken Foundation of Sciences, and the plentiful Fountain of Advantage to human affairs. ~Isaac Barrow