SOLAR ENERGY: The Power that lit the World
Today, Electricity is the most basic need of human beings because everything that we use runs on electricity. Either it is for work, travel, entertainment everything is electrified. So, we can conclude the importance of this human created miracle. Production of electricity is the most controversial topic today. Every countries around the world are working on it. But regarding the energy harnessing process, we stick to the same old technique of using turbine and then rotate it using steam or anything and then convert that rotating energy into electric energy. But this process is very costly, and having many drawbacks.
Now, come to the types of energy we use. 80% of energy we produce today came from fossil fuel, which is, as we know are non-renewable source of energy and cannot regenerate, if used once. Solar energy is conventional source of energy which is infinite and cannot be vanish. Every second, our sun produces enough energy to sustain Earth's need for 500,000 years.
Benefits of Solar energy
1. Solar energy is Eco-friendly- As the technology advances, Environment awareness has become the trending topic altogether. Solar energy is entirely pollution free source of energy that causes no harm to the environment.
2. Easy to Install: DIY solar panel for home use has become popular mostly because of easy installation. it is easy to install and take small space and time.
3. Long duration of working: If install once, it lasted for more than 30 years. Which makes it more beneficial over other source of energy.
4. Less maintenance: It do not need workers to take care of every time, Sun is the only care taker of the DIY solar panel for home.
Solar panel is a system which capture the sun's energy and convert it into electricity. It contains solar cells, or Photovoltaic cells, which are arranged in grid-like patterns on the surface solar panel. These cells collect sunlight during daylight and convert it into electricity. These cells are typically made up of Silicon.
Solar panel for home
Despite being the Conventional and eco-friendly source of energy, One of the most convenient and yet important part about solar panel is that you can install it in your home. DIY(do it useful) solar panel for home is the emerging concept of installing solar panel on your home to produce electricity for domestic purpose.
What do we need?
There are some parts that we need to install diy solar panel at home:
1. PV Panels: it collect energy from the sun and convert it into DC current.
2. Power Inverter: it convert DC current that we have collected into AC current for domestic purpose.
3. Net meter: it connects your house to the grid and thus measuring the power transfer.
4. PV Disconnect: it cut off the power.
5. Home breaker's box: it is where the solar energy connects to the home.
Government around the world are working to promote the use of solar panel. An initiative called 'Feed-in Tariff(FiT)' started by government that grant offer for solar panel for home. Some companies used offer to install the free solar panels at home for people, that would be free of cost but you didn't get all the benefits of the solar panel. though you can save money for electric bills.
Government have to work more on this field and supply free solar panel at home to promote it more and more and everyone can use it.