Self Esteem and Creativity
Why is self-esteem important?
Self-esteem is important for many reasons. One of the most important reason is that your happiness depends on your self-esteem. If you feel you are not worthy of being happy you simply cannot be happy.
As a writer your self esteem is especially important. You need the strength of believing in yourself to help get you through each day. You need to be able to hold your head high and not take it to heart when you receive a rejection. You need to know you are good at what you do.
You success or failure depends heavily on your self-esteem. If you feel you cannot achieve your goals for one reason or the other you will fail. If you believe in yourself, believe that you can reach your goals, you will.
The view you have of yourself is directly responsible for the way other people view you. If you feel worthless, others will perceive you are as worthless.
So what can you do about this? You can start pumping up your self-esteem. Start believing in yourself. You are the only one who can change yourself. You are responsible for your failures and your successes. You are responsible for your own happiness. Without self-esteem you will not have any of it.
that I deserve to be happy.
that I deserve to be successful.
that I deserve to be loved.
that I can can make the right choices.
that I am good at what I do.
I deserve to be forgiven for my mistakes.
that I are a good person.
that I have done your best.
Adopt a positive attitude. Start thinking about the good things that have happened in your life. Think about the things you are good at. Focus on these things instead of the negative.
Make sure that you surround yourself with positive people. The feeling rubs off. When you are with someone negative you tend to follow them into the world of negativity.
Anytime a negative thought crosses your mind, think about something else. Think about a success you have achieved.
Face your fears. Learn from your failures. Instead of worrying about them actually think about how you could have done something different to change the failure to a success.
When you do succeed reward yourself. Buy yourself a new outfit. Get a new pair of shows. Go out to eat. Make yourself feel good.
Pick yourself up and try again. Remind yourself it is not the end of the world.
Allow yourself to make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. We may not like it but it happens. Keep in mind the question "What is the worst thing that can happen because of this mistake?'
Keep this thing in mind - You are a good person. Be good to yourself as well as others. You deserve to be happy.
Also keep in mind the fact that it takes a while to change your perspective. You can't expect to change your feelings about yourself overnight. Be patient.
Self Esteem Quotes
- I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time. ~ Anna Freud
- Psychological freedom, a firm sense of self-esteem, is the most powerful weapon against the long night of physical slavery. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I am not a has-been. I am a will be. ~ Lauren Bacall
- Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. ~ Marilyn Monroe
- You have everything within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you. ~ Brian Tracy
- Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To establish true self-esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives. ~ Denis Waitley
- The more we see ourselves as a vibrant, successful, inspiring person who boldly declares and manifests her vision, the more we become just that. ~ Kristi Bowman
- Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself. We cannot outperform our level of self-esteem. We cannot draw to ourselves more than we think we are worth. ~ Iyanla Vanzant
- It's surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings towards others are largely determined by their feelings towards themselves, and if you are not comfortable with yourself, you can't be comfortable with others. ~ Sidney J Harris
- Never dull your shine for somebody else. ~ Tyra Banks
- Self-esteem is as necessary to the spirit as food is to the body. ~ Dr. Maxwell Maltz
- Self-esteem is as important to our well-being as legs are to a table. It is essential for physical and mental health and for happiness. ~ Louise Hart
- Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself. ~ Robert Collier
- Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else. ~ Judy Garland
- Trust yourself. Create the kind of self you will be happy to live with all of your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibilities into flames of achievements. ~ Golda Meir
- You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, "I'm proud of what I am and who I , and I'm just going to be myself." ~ Mariah Carey
- Yours is the energy that makes the world. There are no limitations to the self except those you believe in. ~ Jane Roberts
- Nothing can stop the person with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal. Nothing on earth can help the person with the wrong attitude. ~ Thomas Jefferson
- Stand tall, stand proud. Know that you are unique and magnificent. You do not need the approval of others. ~ Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- You are wonderful. Valuable. Worthwhile. Lovable. Not because others think so. Self worth comes from only one place: self. ~ Karen Salmansohn
- Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face. ~ Helen Keller
- A Woman's Guide To Finding Self-Esteem
Remember there is always some-one to love you for who you are, you don't have to mould yourself to some-one's ideal. If you believe in yourself by building up your self esteem then those around you will believe in you too.
- Using Self Talk to Raise Your Self Esteem
Self esteem is commonly thought of as how we see ourselves. Others say that is self worth, and self esteem is how we perceive others see us. Either way, feeling bad about yourself is too common a thought these days. It is time to start seeing...
- The Difference Between Self-Esteem and Selfishness
Some people erroneously equate having a healthy self-esteem with selfishness. Self-esteem is essential to who we are whereas selfishness prevents us from having regard for others. Read more to find out the differences between these two concepts.
- Improve Low Self-Esteem by Arguing Your Core Beliefs
Changing the way you value yourself amidst a problem with low self-esteem means you have to fight that negative opinion with every fibre of your soul. Not an easy task, but certainly a worthwhile one. You are the only person in this world you can nev
- The Impact of Facebook on Self-esteem
The impact of Facebook on self-esteem is real. A study reveals how a Facebook profile is actually a way of building self-esteem.