Signs an ESFJ Personality Likes You
The ESFJ in a Nutshell
The ESFJ is one of the easiest Myers Briggs personalities to tell if they like you, are flirting with, generally have a favorable view of you. ESFJ stands for extroversion, sensing, feeling, and judging. The ESFJ is dominated by the judging function extroverted feeling followed by introverted sensing, extroverted intuition, and introverted thinking. This personality has a tendency to wear its heart on its sleeve. They may struggle with too much complexity or too much dry material. They have thirst for excitement, getting to know people, expressing their emotions, and keeping it all in the moment. They are smart, fun, and affection. They keep a lot of their deeper thoughts to themselves as this is an introverted and less developed part of themselves. Hanging out at lengthy symposiums on thought sounds tedious to them. I've seen ESFJ personalities at studies fiddle with objects around them as if to keep themselves awake, like pouring glue on their hands or painting their fingernails. They're smart, but metaphors are not totally their thing. Take to them to where things are active, there's lots of people, and has a touch of magic. This personality can lean toward traditions, have a love of holidays, pastimes, and the like.
Reasons you like the ESFJ
The Myers Briggs personality type ESFJ is a total flirt. They're often a cheerleader, conversationalist, and super mom. Many have fallen for the ESFJ, but how do you know if the affection is returned?
Signs They Like You
1. The ESFJ is a fairly forward personality. They love having friends. They are keen on being in a relationship rather than having long stretches of being single.
2. The ESFJ will set the moves. They'll touch you, bat their eyes, and try to get their number.
3. The ESFJ has no problem inviting you to group activities. They love to play games and see how different people will interact with each other. If they're trying to setup time with you one on one, that's a sign.
4. The ESFJ will laugh at your jokes, whether they're terrible or not.
5. This personality often wears their heart on their sleeve. They're usually pretty easy to read when it comes to romance.
6. The ESFJ will try to get things in motion.
7. They love to play pranks or strange games on people. Sometimes they can't help but get heated and argue over the most miniscule of things.
8. The ESFJ will dress to the nines. They're probably are already noticeably attractive, but when they like someone, they'll go the extra mile.
9. If the ESFJ is detaching from their best friend to talk to you -- that means they're interested.
10. If they are willing to talk to you through messaging late at night rather than sleep, they probably like your company.
11. It's too easy to mistake an ESFJ's friendliness for flirting. You can be forward and straight ask them. They might get confused and be all over the place, but eventually they'll come around to the truth.
12. They'll try to soften your heart. When they don't like someone, I mean really dislike, they'll make it clear. The ESFJ might make fun of you or completely ignore you.
13. The ESFJ wants things their way and may try to control the situation. If they're letting you lead, then they are smitten.
14. If they suddenly get quiet and more coy when they're otherwise loud and outgoing, they might have a thing for you.
15. If the ESFJ keeps spending time with you to the point where it seems clingy -- they probably have a thing for you.
16. The ESFJ will explode with energy in your presence.
17. The ESFJ will make sure you're okay -- they'll cook for you, bring you soup when you're sick, or entertain you.
18. The ESFJ will keep mementos that you give them -- like flowers, cards, and jewelry.
19. If the ESFJ wears something you give them often, then they probably like you.
20. If the ESFJ starts making you gifts, they probably are smitten.
21. When an ESFJ really likes someone, they don't care so much about the details. They'll go with you to things they don't particularly like.
22. The ESFJ will try to make their selves look better than they are. They may lie about themselves in order for you to like them. They'll smile, be a bright source of energy, and go along with just about anything.
23. The ESFJ will try to get you to go to things. They want you to try everything. They'll motivate you no matter how deeply sad you might be.
24. The ESFJ will be willing to make a complete fool of themselves for you.
25. The ESFJ will want all your attention sometimes.
26. The ESFJ will have clear and abundant affections for you.
27. The ESFJ will make sure to make plans with you.
28. This person's face will light up when you enter the room.
29. They'll want to align with what's going on in your life.
30. The ESFJ will have mood swings based on the intensity that they feel for you.
31. The ESFJ will want to share everything with you: oreos, handmade bracelets, time, clothes, etc.
32. The ESFJ will want to show you to everybody -- friends, family, strangers, pets, the homeless, teachers, police, kittens stuck in trees.
33. The ESFJ will want to know everything about you. Every detail matters. They thrive on knowing more about you and collecting that information.
34. The ESFJ may clean your place for you. They might feel the need to do dishes, tidy up your desk, and make food for you. They want you to feel comfortable and they want to provide and make sure your space is clean.
35. An ESFJ will want to be wherever the action is happening. They will want to take you to that action.
36. Lots of invites. Invites everywhere. Bursting with emotional invites.
How You Can Return Affection
1. Be consistent. Spend lots of time with them. Send them messages when away. They're not necessarily clingy, but they do thrive on connectivity and time.
2. Keep things active. Go to fun places. Let them meet lots of people. Introduce them to strange, quirky people. They enjoy that.
3. Keep things clean. You could overwhelm them by too many messes and tasks that they'll feel obliged to do.
4. Encourage them to show their deeper thoughts. People often focus so much on their sensing and feeling functions that they don't get the chance to explore and express their critical thinking. By letting it come out, they'll develop it more. Compliment their intelligence.
5. Celebrate traditions with them. An ESFJ loves holidays, their birthday, and the like.
6. Buy them gifts they can show off.
7. Do romantic, spontaneous gestures. They have an eye for spontaneity. ESFJ seem very open to dating most personality types. Their most compatible combination is ISFP and INFP, because those two both have introverted feeling as their preference. The ESFJ needs someone long term who has emotional competency.
8. Get emotionally high. Get emotionally low. Please don't bore me, okay?
9. Let them express themselves. And listen to them. The worst thing you can do is walk away and say they're too much for you when they're crying.
10. They want to talk, talk, talk. So listen, listen, listen.
11. Console them when they cry.
12. Encourage their talents.
13. Show them to all the people you love. They'll do this naturally, but their mate need some help.
14. Give them hugs. They like physical affirmation.
15. Take them out to a fancy dinner, buy them the food, give them jewelry, and spend lots of one on one time with them.
16. Smile, give good eye contact, and tell them your secrets. Encourage them to laugh. They like to laugh.