Simple Symbol Personality Test
Simple Symbol Personality Test – Part One
Now that you have examined your personality by taking (a) the Pig Personality Test , (b) the Celebrity Personality Test , and (c) the One-Question Personality Test , it’s time to take a look at the Simple Symbol Personality Test.
Here is what you need to do for this very simple test. Find a sheet of blank paper and draw a picture or a design of anything you wish using each symbol shown below: the TRIANGLE, the SQUARE, the CIRCLE, and the SQUIGGLE. Draw each of the symbols one time and also draw one symbol two times.
Is that clear? You say you are a graduate student? Okay, then I’ll repeat the instructions (joke). Your picture or design will have each of the four symbols drawn only one time. But one symbol will be drawn twice. Do not add any other details.
Note: Your drawing may include the symbols in any size you desire - smaller, larger, whatever. And threre is no significance to the color background for the Squiggle. (I could not find a 'squiggle' illustration with a white background.)
Now examine the picture or design you drew. Is each of the four symbols drawn at least one time? Is only one of the symbols drawn two times? Excellent! Give yourself an A+ for following directions.
Here are the descriptions for each symbol that you have drawn two times - that is the symbol describing your dominant personality.
This personality test is based on a theory that we tend to be attracted to certain shapes and forms based on our personality, our attitudes, our education and the way our brain functions.
• Did you draw one square, one circle, one squiggle and two triangles? Then you are a Triangle.
• Did you draw one triangle, one circle, one squiggle and two squares? Then you are a Square.
• Did you draw one triangle, one square, one squiggle and two circles? Then you are a Circle.
• Did you draw one triangle, one square, one circle and two squiggles? Then – you guessed it – you are a Squiggle.
That was fairly painless. Now let’s look at the symbols you drew two times to learn what they represent.
If the triangle appears two times in your picture or diagram, then you may be a Triangle.
For centuries, the triangle has symbolized leadership. Remember the ancient Egyptians? They buried their pharaohs, their leaders, in pyramids. And the triangle shape is a hierarchy – for the military, the government, the church and the organization – with the power concentrated at the top of the triangle.
• Of the 4 symbols, the Triangle most closely represents leadership. Triangles are ambitious and very interested in their careers.
• You are an OVERSEER, an expediter, a leader, a man or woman of action.
• Your mantra is ‘Get it done.’ You want to make things happen now. You ask others ‘when?’ When will the project be finished? When will the action you requested happen?
• Your watchword is now. Not one day, not some time, not tomorrow, but NOW!
• You are often charismatic, a person who likes to be the boss, who likes to give orders, who likes to be in control.
• You are decisive – you like to make decisions – decisions for yourself and decisions for everyone else.
• You see yourself as assertive. Others may see you as aggressive.
• You may be a fan of someone like Donald Trump or General George S. Patton or former British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher.
• As a child using a coloring book and crayons, you had difficulty staying within the lines. You do not like restrictions.
'All or Nothing at All' - Frank Sinatra
• Your favorite game – what else? – is ‘Follow the Leader.’
• Films you might like to see again (they portray strong leaders): ‘Patton’ … ‘Scarface’ … ‘JFK’ … ‘Erin Brockovich’ … ‘Wall Street’
• If you have a favorite song, it would be ‘All or Nothing at All’ (Frank Sinatra). A favorite dance – the Tango – the dance of power.
• Your positive traits: leadership, decisiveness, ambition, focused, results-driven, self-motivated.
• Potential pitfalls: impatience, aggressiveness, self-centeredness.
• Potential career choices: CEO … President of a company … Entrepreneur … Executive … Manager or Supervisor … Surgeon … Attorney … Politician … Officer in the military … Pilot … Hospital or School Administrator . . . or the Pharaoh.
Triangle’s Motto: Follow me and you do it.
Note: Did you know that I have a degree in Psycho-Ceramics? Yes, I am certified to work with crack-pots.
"A Beautiful Mind"
Jessica Rabbit in 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit?'
If the square appears two times in your picture or diagram, then you may be a Square.
• Of the 4 symbols, the Square places the most emphasis on organization and structure.
• You are an ORGANIZER. You may be constantly organizing the people and things around you. You are an excellent administrator who enjoys working with figures, statistics, programs, and software
• Your mantra is ‘Get it right – if it takes all night.’
• Your watchword is how. Is it correct? Does it follow the rules? And the regulations?
• You believe in the status quo and the work ethic. And you want everything in the right place at the right time.
• You see yourself as a Triangle. Others may not see you the same way.
• You may be a fan of someone like Bill Gates.
• You enjoy collecting data and information to enter into the database but others may see you as having a compulsive attention to detail.
• As a child using a coloring book and crayons, you tried to color within the lines but your favorite toy may have been Legos (or Lincoln building blocks depending on your age).
• Your favorite games include bridge or chess or math or crossword puzzles.
• Films you might like to see again: 'A Beautiful Mind’ and most documentaries including 'March of the Penguins.'
• If you have a favorite song, it would be 'Why Don’t You Do Right?' (Jessica Rabbit). A favorite dance – the Square dance with its clear-cut, do-not-deviate, instructions. Perhaps even the 'Hokey Pokey.'
• Your positive traits: you are organized, knowledgeable, analytical, patient, persevering, generally neat.
• Potential pitfalls: you may be a procrastinator, a perfectionist, aloof, resistant to change, meticulous.
• Potential career choices: CFO or COO … IT professional … Programmer … Systems Analyst … Statistician … Accountant … Professor … Bookkeeper … Executive Assistant … Medical specialist … Teacher … Auditor … Government worker … Editor . . . or Controller for the Pharaoh.
Square’s motto: Give me a deadline and I’ll do it.
If the circle appears two times in your picture or diagram, then you may be a Circle.
• Of the 4 symbols, the Circle is the most kind and caring about others. Your focus is to smooth the waters and keep the peace. You are the glue that holds together the family or the work team – that sensitive person who really cares about feelings.
Note: The circle is the mythological symbol for harmony.
• You are an OPTIMIST– you enjoy working in league with others to get things done.
• Your mantra is harmony –'Can’t we all just get along?'
• Your watchword is who. Who will be on the team?
• You express kindness, caring and concern and are an excellent communicator because you are an effective listener and know how to establish empathy quickly. You are an excellent ‘people problem solver.’
• Your hero may be someone like Florence Nightingale, Albert Schweitzer or Mother Teresa.
'Up' - the 'feel good' film
'Accentuate the Positive' - Aretha Franklin
• You try to keep the peace but others may see you as trying too hard to please everyone.
• As a child you enjoyed many games and sports but in softball you were often the outfielder.
• Your favorite games may include bowling, badminton, tennis, shuffleboard and most team sports.
• Films you may want to see again: “The Wizard of Oz” ... the animated film, 'Up'
• Your favorite song may be 'Accentuate the Positive.' Your favorite dance - the Electric Slide
• Your positive traits: you are friendly, persuasive, empathic, generous, reflective.
• Potential pitfalls: you may be indecisive, moody, manipulative, have a tendency to get too personal.
• Potential career choices: Doctor …Nurse … Teacher … Human Resource professional … Psychologist … Professor … Historian … Consultant … Scout leader … Administrative assistant … Nun . . . or Talent Management for the Pharaoh.
Circle’s motto: Be positive and I will help you do it.
Creative and innovative 'Despicable Me'
Witty and original 'Mairzy Doats' (Mares Eat Oats)
If the squiggle appears two times in your picture or diagram, then you may be a Squiggle.
• Of the 4 symbols, the Squiggle is the most unique and the most creative.
• You are an ORIGINAL always considering possibilities.
• Your mantra is get it done … differently.
• Your watchword is why. Why do we have to do it that way? What are our alternatives? You continually ask, 'What if?'
• You are crazed by sex and booze. No, no, just kidding! You are future-oriented.
• You are creative, imaginative, free form, like to have fun, think out-of-the-box.
• You see yourself as always looking for new ideas, new ways, new products. Others may sometimes consider you as a little strange or far-out.
• As a child you preferred to draw your own original pictures to color. You often colored trees purple, leaves yellow and the sky green.
• Your favorite games are Charades … Musical Chairs … Karaoke
• Films you may want to see again: 'Avatar'… animated films like 'Despicable Me' and the “Shrek” series
• Your favorite song may be 'Mairzy Doats.' Your favorite dance - you make up the steps as you go along.
• Your positive traits: You are conceptual, creative, intuitive, expressive, motivating, witty, inventive.
• Potential pitfalls: you may be disorganized, impractical, unrealistic, illogical, eccentric, naïve, uninhibited.
• Potential career choices: Writer… Journalist … Comedian … Actor … Creative director … Marketing … Sales … Musician … Scientist … Researcher … Entrepreneur … Chef … Public Relations … Inventor … Real estate agent . . . or Press Agent for the Pharaoh.
Squiggle’s motto: Be creative. Why do it that way? On the other hand, don’t bother to agree with me. I have already changed my mind.
NOTE: If you have any questions and would like to call me, you need to use the proper extensions: If you have OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), please press 1, as many times as you desire. If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.
If you have multiple personality disorder, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
If you are paranoid or delusional, I know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so I can trace the call.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which number you press; no one will answer.
- Droodle Creativity Test
Are you a personality test addict? Me, too. I like the short, sweet, funny tests best. Here is my test featuring the 'Droodles' of Roger Price.
- How to Write an Advice Column
Most of us love to give advice. It is one of those commodities rarely in short supply. Like political speeches. Learn how to write an Advice Column.
To sum it all up in a very general way:
Triangles are leaders.
Squares are organizers.
Circles are harmonizers.
Spirals are innovators.
IMPORTANT! You have probably already figured out that we all have all the four styles within us. But one style tends to be dominant.
So ... which is your dominant style?
© Copyright BJ Rakow, Ph.D. 2011, 2012 All rights reserved.
Author, "Much of What You Know about Job Search Just Ain't So"
More Personality Tests by drbj
- Take the PIG Personality Test
Are you open to learning more about several important elements of your personality preferences? Then here are the simple instructions. 1 - Take out a blank piece of 8 x 11 inch paper. 2 - Now draw a...
- One Question Personality Test
Here is a very simple one-question personality test. All you have to do is answer one simple question. Are you up for it? Okay. This is the scenario:
- Celebrity Personality Test
Which famous celebrity or movie star do you think you are most like? Would you like to know which celebrity has a personality most like yours?