- Education and Science»
- Psychology & Psychiatry»
- Personality Theory & Personality Tests
Accuracy is Key to Knowing Who You Are--INTPs, Don't Give Up!
Assess Yourself Accordingly
- Take some time to write out a list of habits and behaviors you do throughout your day to find out what may cause you to feel anxious or depressed. Then, work on locating the source of what may cause you to be amiss in your daily routine. Collect the data at the end of the week and analyze it to observe what you may need to focus on to ensure you are gaining progress towards your growth. You may actually enjoy this step since you can spot the patterns quite easily.
- Acknowledge the primary causes that lead you to feel uneasy in social settings and be prepared to deal with your concerns by accepting what you need to work on in regards to your habits, behaviors, or routines. You may even benefit from talking to a close friend or counselor to get another perspective on the matter. However, this step may be tricky for an INTP since INTPs generally do not seek help from just about anyone; they will most likely attempt to resolve the problem various times on their own before opting to get help. INTPs can be known to be a bit stubborn and apprehensive.
- What Can you do to live happier? If it's changing up your daily routine to better suit your needs and moods, then, please take the time to implement new strategies to keep you going in a healthy direction, whether it's exercising or eating healthily, make the necessary changes to help improve your mood rather than to let those emotions take over your primary self. Avoid getting overwhelmed with everyday life and take one step at a time. We've all heard the cliche, "Rome wasn't built in a day" and this applies to almost all projects, changes in habits, and desired outcomes.
Accuracy is Paramount to Search for Answers
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF (the truth to accuracy depends on the types of questions we ask ourselves): What specific area of your life do you need to work on the most regarding your moods or behaviors? Is the MBTI accurate? Can you make some positive changes to ensure you are socializing with others more each day?
You can implement some positive changes in your daily life to remain social and connected to others, whether it means taking the additional effort to ask another person how they are doing while you pass their desk, or attempt to have eye contact while talking to a coworker, stranger, or friend. You may need to work on your demeanor in order to gain any result, and this may not be that appealing since the word, work, has a negative connotation, but it is not to discourage you!
IS THE MBTI ACCURATE?
Keep in mind that everyone has to work on some parts of their behaviors, this doesn't primarily apply to just one specific personality type. Also, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) does not define who you are as a person. The test is merely a tool to assess and compile data to relay information about how you answered the questions in the test. Did you answer the questions accurately or how you want to be viewed?
In addition, discrepancies may exist within the test as well. In fact, the MBTI contains no evidence that it measures anything of value, but do not take those words personally; this doesn't reflect upon you. Many people can gain value from knowing certain information about their personality, especially if you are prone to struggling with parts of yourself that may be so incredibly different from those around you.
TRY OTHER TESTS
Other personality assessments are available so you can compare your results. For instance, you may want to take other personality tests to see if your results are consistent with MBTI's. Other tests you can try are the Self-Scoring Personality Test by Victor Serebriakoff and the Dark Triad Test. Bear in mind these tests are not meant to replace a professional examination.
Personality Factors in Psychometrics
- Statistical techniques are used to determine personality types.
- Personality Types may contain common factors that are interrelated.
- A characteristic of the human mind deals with new information by classifying it.
Are you outgoing? Social?
Are you an Introvert or Extrovert?
5 Great Tips on Creating a Positive Mindset
- Read. Grab a good book, then relax after reading your book.
- Observe. After reading, get out of your comfort zone and do something new. For example, drive out to a new site and see the beautiful scenic views. The skies are so vast and wondrous, how can you simply ignore what is all around you all the time?
- Music. Yes, music is a great way to help improve your mood and general well-being, uh-um...as long as it's not the type of music that alters your mood from positive to negative or simply negative music--NO.
- Write. Write anything and everything that comes to your mind as much as you'd like! Writing is a great way to express any form of emotions that may be built up within ourselves.
- Exercise. Get out and walk, run, go jump hurdles. Just kidding. Exercise helps clear the mind and helps with the blood flow to the brain.
Create a plan to implement ways to improve your daily routine.
© 2017 Jillian