Yes I CAN !
Can you remember..?
Can you remember the first day of your college? I know you all remember that very first date. Why would any one forget that?
For me it was a huge achievement as for you guys. I made my parents proud being selected to med school. That was when I knew dreams really do come true.
Each one of us had so many targets when entering to college. Most of us wanted to be the best. But eventually only one became the best. Many gave up being best at some point in the course. A very few fought till the end.
Let's get to the topic straight.
As a college student you must have heard thousands of ways of getting through exams. Were you able to get good results following them? Did you really follow them?
First things first !
1) You must have a target. A CLEAR and a SOLID target. Mind you, if you chase two rabbits both will escape! So it should be THE target. And that should be, BECOMING THE BEST at college.
2) At this stage, "becoming the best" might feel like unachievable. But to be the best, you must get rid of all the NEGATIVE thoughts within you. STOP telling yourself you can't. Start believing in yourself. The worst ENEMY is within you. No one can stop you being the best. I repeat, no enemy can stop you unless you stop yourself. So kill the enemy within you. Break the boundaries. Always tell yourself that YOU CAN.
3) Next most important thing is STOP COMPARING yourself to others. Do your thing. Don't waste your time thinking about other's achievements and failures. Jealousy is one bad feeling which will eat your precious time. Keep moving. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Competition is good. You have to compete to be the best. But don't be jealous over your friend's achievements.
Let's get to work !
1) Prepare your own time table. Get your syllabus and jot down the topics that should be covered before your exam. Its better if you start preparing your time table at the beginning of your semester. Time tables can be a real joke and a waste of time if you didn't act accordingly. So the rule is STICK TO YOUR TIME TABLE.
Don't try to prepare your time table for the whole semester. Its not practical. I know it by experience.
After jotting down your topics to be covered you have an idea about the lessons that should be studied. So prepare your time table on a weekly basis.
But this is not enough. We don't know what the future holds for us. So, this is what I did. Everyday in the morning, I write the lessons that should be finished within that day according to my weekly basis time table. Mind you weekly basis time table contains only the main topics. But daily basis time table should be focused and made on sub topics of them.
Keep notes on what you did and what you didn't. And finish the 'couldn't do lessons' before the week ends.
2) GROUP DISCUSSIONS help a lot in college exams. You know, you cannot read all the allocated text books before the semester ends. Select a group of friends. Appoint a leader. Because otherwise without a leader discussion group will turn into a fun group and you start doing all the funny things in the world without studying. Divide chapters of the books among group members. Each one of you should teach your allocated lesson to others in the discussion group. And also you should refer to past paper questions on your allocated area and tell the freinds the important areas in your lesson. You all should be prepared with answers for questions on your lesson and share among your group members. So at the end of the day, not only you have read several lessons in your text book, but also you have answers for past paper questions.
I wish you all the very best.