- Education and Science»
- Colleges & University
Effective Discipline in the classroom
Some tips for teachers to implement effective discipline
These are the things to do when disciplining the students. Most of the teachers are not aware of these three tips in the discipline of the children. Hope these are going to be helpful for the teachers out there. There are 3 simple but helpful tips.
· Discipline should be meaningful, sympathetic, and humane to become effective and constructive. The teachers should know that students’ rights should be respected. He should be friendly, humane and sympathetic in dealing with pupils even when they misbehaved. Understanding the nature of the child should endeavour to see things from the child’s point of view. Please do not treat pupils like criminals. A humane teacher will never embarrass a pupil especially in front of the whole class; instead he will give him the benefit of the doubt.
· Discipline, to be effective, should be based on the doctrine democracy. Here in the Philippines, the schools are charged with the responsibility to produce effective and democratic citizens because our country is a democratic country. Many have mistaken ideas regarding individual freedom in a democracy. According to the principles and methods of teaching, freedom in a democracy means freedom with restraint. Restraint without freedom is tyranny; freedom without restraint is anarchy.
· Discipline should be based on the concept of equality. It is often misunderstood in the class and became the cause of misbehaviour. They misbehave because they believe that an act of injustice has been committed against them. So, teachers out there, you should be aware of individual differences and that you should give each pupil an equal share of your attention, guidance and direction. Equality means providing each individual the same opportunity to develop his potential and to allow him to contribute himself to our society. As we know, each individual has his own strengths, abilities and potentialities. As a matter of fact, no two individuals are exactly the same. Even the identical twins are not exactly alike. So, they should be made to see that individual differences exist.
What are you waiting for? Start to apply these tips now to avoid jealousy inside your own class. Act now! I hope these can help even a little to everyone. Good luck…
My other articles that might interest you:
- All About Teachers
Teachers are heroes so respect them. Let's appreciate the efforts that a teacher can give to all human kind. I love teachers.
- Can you interpret your dream?
Dreams are mysterious. Can you actually believe that most of them are true? And some of them are reversed?
- Common Mistakes Of Women In A relationship
Why does it seem like pulling teeth to get a guy to call you every day? Here, you will learn the secret how to make him miss you.
- E-Loading Business
Use your existing cellphone, use your existing simcard, use 1 load wallet that loads everything, includes online loading, personal inventory system, personal website account, discounts up to 25%.
- General Information in getting to Philippines
Philippines is very nice and many foreigners visit islands to experience unique pleasure. It's one of a kind. God is really good.
- Gimik TV Show (1996)
“Gimik” aired every Saturday night, started on 15 June 1996 as a Comedy, Drama also known as a Dramedy series on the Philippines "ABS-CBN" TV network on Channel 2.
- Heart Breaks
Breaking up is sad. It's not about dumping, disrespect and insults. It's about reality. A life changing experience to make us strong.
- How To Get To Boracay By Land trip?
Boracay is an island where you can see the paradise. Many tourists have been there coming from different countries. But, for some people who can't afford to travel, here is the way to go there.
- How to get to Baguio by Bus?
Baguio is the summer capital of the Philippines. You can visit a lot of parks and enjoy the beauty of the views with lots of activities to do with your loved ones. The weather is so amazing! Cool!
- MAMANUA in the Philippines
Mamanuas living in the remote areas of the Philippines are very important for us to know the real situation of their life and culture. The beauties that make them unique in all living things are quite interesting. How much more in knowing their inner
manila is the capital of the Philippines. Many people from provinces want to visit this place . It's well developed city and more historical places to visit.
- Payment for renewal of expired PRC ID for Teachers
Payment for the renewal of expired id for professional teachers including the surcharge maybe easy now to budget for this written guide where Filipino teachers can use anytime as their reference.
- Philippines - Tacloban City: My First Time To Visit The Place
Tacloban City is highly urbanized and the first city in Eastern Visayas. I found it interesting with their complete universities and government offices. Try to visit this place to have fun.
- Renewing expired PRC ID for Teachers
We teachers are striving so hard at school and we really don't have time to do our personal and social life. Now, even in renewing our license, we hardly do it because of some reasons that can make us not capable of doing it. So here are some info fo
- Signs He's Not Serious With You
Some guys are not serious in relationship especially with their girlfriends. So, here are some tips to consider for women to know if their man is serious with them.
- Show Your Love To Your Girl
Love is in the air. When a guy focuses only in what he says, he is making a big mistake. Show love with actions but words can be helpful too. Love your girl :)