- Education and Science»
- Colleges & University
TECHNOLOGY ..Lets shake hand with IT
Today's world belongs to the world of Technology. Those who have fear in their mind about technology they will not survive without shaking hand with the technology. There is very well known proverb in Marathi. The meaning of that proverb is 'You cannot call enemy to a fish when you live inside the water.' It is so similar to this that if you do not want to be techno savvy in today's world you would not belong to this world. I have read somewhere, if trees starts to provide wi-fi services no one will cut the tree. This is an another example of how much people are getting used to with technology.
Revolution taking place by distance learning:
- I believe this is the best example of use of Technology.
- Today's most of work takes place online i.e. using Internet.
- I don't think anyone can differentiate technology from internet as every part of technology is getting dependent on the wide use of Internet.
- As I belong to the rural area, If I thought to get some quality education It was impossible for me to get it in my village.
- Now the picture has been changed, Now I have any course available online and I can learn anything online.
- The beauty of this learning is it saves money, time and the efforts you have to take to move from one place to another place to go to the institute or coaching center. Also, to get the concepts you can go through the stuff like lecture videos, pdf files several times unless you don't get the concept.
There are lot more things to say about this topic but we all usually use social networking sites and we are familiar to online shopping, booking tickets of movies, train, etc so do not think to mention all that concepts over here. But, I can surely say the only Sikandar of today's world will be the one who is master in dealing with technology.
Few misconceptions about the use of Technology
- My grandmother do not believe that I can pay my electricity bill online. She always sends me to stand in the endless queue. Just because of love and respect I cannot say NO to my dearest grandmother.
- My parents did not believe until I bought by i-phone online that online shopping is a smart way to deal with the products in which you are interested in.
- Many times I heard, teenagers are losing their focus from studies as the use of internet service has grew tremendously and the complaints from parents are their child is watching the stuff which should not be watched in that age.
- The absolute solution to the above mentioned problem is parents should sit along with their kid and have a conversation about Do's and Don't .
- So, just because of misuse of Technology by a people, you cannot blame pretty technology. After all its all about how you use Technology.
Technology is for us, we are not for technology.
Thank you dear readers.