- Education and Science»
- History & Archaeology
THE SHOCKING MYSTERY BEHIND TITANIC-Solved
This article has been put up in regard to the 100th anniversary of one of the deadliest disasters and in the memory of more than 1500 people who lost their life that night.
First of all let me introduce you to all the significant people behind titanic. The Titanic was owned by the American financier J. Pierpont Morgan under white star line, was an international mercantile marine, whose chairman was J. Bruce Ismay. White star line was pre-owned by Lord Pirrie, he was also responsible for bringing together Morgan’s money and British engineering excellence. The captain of the ship was Edward John Smith. The building of the ship was started in 1909 and was completed in 1911 by Harland and Wolff shipbuilders. It was the largest moving object fashioned by man though now has been surpassed by other ships. She was the middle one of the three sister ships Olympic (45,300), Titanic (around 46,300 gross tons), and, the Britannic .they were also very similar in size and accommodations..
Known to be unsinkable it set sail on April 10, 1912. The world had awaited the maiden voyage of this magnificent object for months. But little did they know that in a few days the people along with the ship would be forever immortalized. The ship which sank claiming more than 1500 lives, is one of the deadliest disasters in history of mankind with a wreck that lies over 12,000 feet below the surface. So, was this ship actually the Titanic? Titanic never drowned, shocked? But it’s the truth. So, what was that, which actually took place? Let me draw light into the history and review evidence which leads to a compelling and shocking hypothesis that the ship which plummeted 3 miles to the bottom of the sea was not titanic but its sister ship the Olympic dressed as Titanic. (Check out the videos for more striking proof.)
Why they sunk the Titanic part 1
WHY WAS THIS PLAN MADE?
The first of the trio of the white star liners ,the Olympic had quite a bad record from her younger days due to accidents caused of which the most severe one with British warship HMS Hawke . Holding the suction from Olympics great propellers, hawk was irresistibly drawn towards the bigger vessel resulting in both colliding .Damage reports stated that the outer covering of one of the propellers and the crankshaft was damaged severely and the bearing inside the propeller had also been bent. Any accident which was involving a royal naval ship was investigated by their representative not surprisingly found that the Olympic was at fault, even though the evidence and witnesses to this incident state that it was the other way around. As a result their insurance began to decline. Other than all the damages to the ship mentioned above, there were many other injuries. Hence the ship was declared unseaworthy. It was also told that the ship can only be put to sailing after passing a board of trade examination. This was extremely time consuming and rather difficult, as a lot of the companies money relied on her. So the obvious alternative for it to pass the board of trade examination and to start collecting money was to get it dressed up as titanic.
why they sunk the Titanic part 2
The main difference between Titanic and Olympic
POINTS TO NOTE
1. On the forward part of sea deck Olympic was built with sixteen port holes while the titanic with just 14, as noted on the launch. But on the day of her maiden voyage it had mysteriously acquired 2 more extra porthole making it sixteen. This clearly points that the ships could be switched
2. The windows on the B deck on the day of her launch had equal spacing in-between but on the day of her 1st voyage a clear unequal spacing was seen.
3. The Olympic was open to the public for inspection while the titanic was not
4. The tile found in the wreck of the titanic was similar to the one that was inside Olympic
5. The Olympic was painted white while titanic was painted black. But on the wreck of titanic certain portions revealed white under the black coat.
6. The bearing bent in Olympics due to the collision with HMS hawk was the damage for a lifetime. This same bending was noted by many passengers who travelled in the titanic
7. The weight of Olympic could have been increased by adding 1000 gross tons to it as titanic was a little heavier.
8. Some of the photographs taken for the movie , shows some life boats from titanic having Olympic carved on them
9. As noted by most of the travellers, titanic had a room named the Olympic? Was it on the basis of the fact that its bad luck to change the name on the ship?
10. Why is that the owner J.P Morgan who had the most luxurious room, quit the plan of coming for the maiden voyage on the last day? Was it because he knew that the ship would sink?
11. Why did the captain take a different path? Was it to get towards the iceberg directly?
12. Why did Bruce Ismay order the captain to take the ship in full speed after getting too many iceberg warnings?
13. Why is that none of the crew members who could have given an answer to all these survived?
14. Both the ships had linoleum flooring, but on titanic’s maiden voyage it was fully carpeted. Was this to hide Olympics worn flooring?
15. Hitting the iceberg could have been prevented with the smallest of ease as the turning radius of the ship was small enough to take a perfect turn.
16. The ship which is known to be the Olympic which was said to be unseaworthy sailed perfectly for more than 25 years after the incident .Was it because, it was actually the new ship, the Titanic?
Why they sunk the Titanic part 3
why they sunk the Titanic part 4
THE SWITCHING PROCESS
The only time which the ships were placed aside each other, was when they both were at Belfast docks. The crockery etc was a main white star issue which was interchangeable from ship to ship. So the only job which remained was the names on the ships, the name plates, the names on the life boats and life belts which had to be swapped and this process would require quite a lesser time. As photography etc was not developed and no media was around .This process was quite easy.
why they sunk the Titanic part 5
The ship Californian left London just 5 days prior to titanic’s maiden voyage. It was halted in the middle of the sea waiting for the titanic. The plan was to pretend an accident and sink the ship, while Californian came to the rescue of all the victims. That way the white star line would be called as the life saviour and also would be able to get the full insurance on her.
why they sunk the Titanic part 6
WHAT WENT WRONG?
The californium had failed to keep his radio operator awake so the last signal of their position cannot be sent. After titanic got hit by the iceberg according to the plan, all of the crew members remained calm as they thought the Californian would come for their rescue and on this matter of fact they were sending the life boats half full. As titanic took the wrong path Californian was positioned at quite a distance. The distress rocket signals sent appeared white (rather than red or blue) to the Californian which made them think that it was another shipping boat engaged in illegal shipping activity. This is how the perfect plan turned into one of the worst disasters.