- Education and Science
OUCH! THINGS THAT REALLY HURT...
Random Thoughts about Pain
This is just a little silly, but my husband and I put together a list of things that we thought really hurt either from experience or from what other's have told us. I know we've missed many, so I'd love to hear your comments and see what you can add, just so we can all say "ooooohhhhhhh!" with you. Let's just try to keep it not too graphic so we don't get completely grossed out....
Kermit Sings 'Hurt'
(In No Particular Order of Severity)
- Stubbing your Toe
- Banging your Knee
- Back Spasms
- Stiff Neck
- Labor Pains
- Hammering your Finger or Thumb
- Getting your Privates Stuck in a Zipper
- Passing a Kidney Stone
- Dry Socket after Wisdom Teeth Pulled
- Breastfeeding the 1st Week with Incorrect Latching
- Getting your Bonbons Kicked
- 3rd Degree Burns
- Poking of the Eye or Chemical in the Eye
- Fingers in a Car Door
Pain is Relative
According to a source on Wikipedia, the threshold of pain is the point at which pain begins to be felt. The article gives this explanation: the intensity at which a stimulus (e.g., heat, pressure) begins to evoke pain is the threshold intensity. So, if a hotplate on your skin begins to hurt at 42°C (107°F), then that is the pain threshold temperature for that bit of skin at that time. 42°C is not the pain threshold, it is the temperature at which the pain threshold was crossed.
Because our brains are different and pain is a subjective experience, it is why some may believe others to be weaker or stronger because they have a lower or higher "threshold".
- How to Avoid Injuries at the Gym | 5 Things, avoid injury, fitness ...
- 10 Things That Hurt Your Search Engine Rankings - SEO - Bill Ross
- One Stop Mommy Shop - Help for Overwhelmed Moms & Dads
FREE HEALTHY RECIPES, household tips & great wholesome ideas for kids at www.one-stop-mom-shop.com EASY SOLUTIONS FOR LESS STRESS