- Education and Science»
- Home Schooling & Life Experience Education
Teaching: 5 Teachers I will never forget
It’s that time of the year – Early September. All students go back to school and it made me reflect on when I was a “young Elena”. ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ There are some Teachers that I will never forget.
1) My French Teacher – was a very fat man. We were a bit noisy, so when He walked into the class, he would stand in front and with a serious face, he’d shout: "Silance!" – well that’s how he pronounced it. Still, it never made me hate learning French.
2) My Physics Teacher – used to mutter under his breath when talking. I hated that subject and he made me hate it even more. I don’t think I ever saw him smile. I wasn’t surprised that I failed my Physics.
3) My Driving Instructor – Oh… I had to have a lot of patience with him. In those days I paid £15.00 for an hour and he would spend the first 15 minutes telling me stories about him and his Country. I used to wish that we could get moving, but on the outside, I smiled politely at him because he was an elderly man.
This should be fun to drive....
4) My Geography Teacher – There is only one incident that stands clear in my head and that is when my parents came to school and she kept on telling my parents how lovely I was, which worried me because I always had low grades in her class. She was really nice, I just didn’t take to Geography.
5) My Drama Teacher – I liked her because she taught us how to dance various dances and she got involved with all of us. It was fun as we were out on the play ground and sometimes wore costumes, so I guess it was easy to really like her. She also took photos of us when we entertained the school. Oh, she Rocked!!
A Drama Class
What I have learnt
1) I have learnt that a teacher can actually make you love or hate a subject.
2) If you make lessons interesting, learners will be engaged more to learn.
3) If you are cold and never smile – you would come across as unapproachable and learners will be hesitant to come to you if they have problems.
Having said that, I guess No Teacher is perfect.
** Quote “If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.” - Ignacio Estrada
Do you remember any of your Teachers?
More Education Articles
- Teachers Hugging and Touching Students Is it wro...
Hugging is something you tend to do to your friends, family, people you feel warm towards and not something you would expect from a Teacher to his/her students, but sometimes it Just cant be helped. January 2010.
- Facebook: Teachers and Students Being Friends | Webupon
Teachers, Students and Facebook...