The Egyptian Ennead of Heliopolis
The Ennead was a Group of nine Deities in Egyptian mythology whose cult center was located around Heliopolis.
The majority of Egyptian cult study used in modern films, books, and Television programs are based upon the stories of the Ennead.
The Ennead consisted of:
- Ra(called Atum in heliopolis)
- Shu and Tefnut, Ra's offspring
- Geb and Nut, son and daughter of Shu and Tefnut
And Geb and Nut's sons and daughters:
More Egyptian Hubs by Jbern117
Click here to visit my site for more information on the Egyptian Gods.
Ra - Creation God, Patron God of the Sun, Heaven, Kingship, Power, and Light
- Combined with the sun god Amun in heliopolis to form the diety "Amun-Re" in many instances.
- Predominantly, and nearly universally, Ra, or Re, was worshiped as king of the gods and the father of all creation - he is depicted as a Falcon-headed pharaoh with the sun disk of Wadjet on his head. He was the principal sun god for centuries, beginning with a rise in popularity around the 5th dynasty (2494 to 2345) BC
- Ra was thought to be an "aging" god, still very powerful, but too old to deal with his children (Shu, Tefnut, Osiris, etc.) any longer stays in the heavens to watch over the world.