The Power of Red
How To Use The Color Red
- Use when you don't want to fade into the background.
- Use when you want to grab a person attention or to get people to take action.
- The color red when worn by a woman is associated with sex appeal.
- Red stimulates energy.
- When a red tie is worn by a man it is associated with power.
- Wear red when you want to present yourself as bold and dynamic.
- Wearing red can boost your confidence.
- Red increases enthusiasm.
Positive Traits of Red
Negative Traits of Red
The Language of Red
- red eye - an overnight flight
- red carpet treatment - making someone fee3l like a celebrity
- red letter day - important occasion
- paint the town red - celebrate
- red sky in the morning, sailor's take warning,;n red sky at night, sailors delight - Pay attention to both good and bad warning signs
- red herring - something that decieves
- red flag - denotes a warning or danger
- seeing red - being angry
- in the re - being overdrawn at the bank
- Red is a color associated with poison, passion, and seduction. - Aromascope
- When in doubt wear red. - Bill Blass
- Red is the ultimate cure for sadness. - Bill Blass
- A blonde in a red dress can do without introductions - but not without a bodyguard. - Rona Jaffe
- I love red so much that I want to paint everything red. - Alexander Calder
- Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall in love with a gorgeous redhead. - Lucille Ball
- If one says 'Red' - the name of color - and there are fifty people listening, it can be expected that there are fifty reds in their mind. And one can be sure that all these reds will be very different. - Josef Albers
Red Fun Facts
- The color red does not man bulls angry, they are color blind.
- Red gets noticed more and makes the wearer look heavier.
- The highest percentage of natural redheads born in the wold is in Scotland. (13%)
- Red cars are popular targets for thieves.
- Red bed-clothes were customary in Germany up to the Middle Ages as protection against "red illnesses" such as fever, rashes or even miscarriages.
- Red is most often used as an accent color when decorating.
- Red also means 'beautiful' in Russian
- The red stripes on the American flag stands for courage.
- Bees are thought to sting redheads more often than others.
- Red is the color most chosen by extroverts.
- Seeing even a hint of red on an exam can effect the students performance. They associate the color red with failure because of the red ink used to typically grade exams.
- Red roses symbolizes passionate love.
- Light red represents joy, sexuality, passion, sensitivity, and love.
- Dark red is associated with vigor, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath.
- In China the color red is the color of prosperity and joy.
Shades of Red
- amaranth: reddish-rose
- burgundy: purplish red
- carmine: deep red
- cardinal: vivid red
- carnelian: rich shade of reddish - brown
- coral: pinkish-orange
- crimson: stong bright deep red
- fire engine red: intense bright red
- magenta: purplish-pink red
- maroon : rich dark red
- Parisian red: deep reddish orange
- persimmon: medium orange red
- ruddy: reddish-rosy crimson
- sangria: burnt red
- scarlet: bright red
- vermilion: opaque orangish red
What is the color red?
- Red is the color of passion, it is always strong, never weak.
- Red demands your attention, frequently taken your attention from other colors in the spectrum.
- Red increases enthusiasm, and encourages action and confidence.
- Red stimulates energy
- Red raises blood pressure, heartbeats and pulse.
- Red provides a sense of protection anxiety and fears.
Red is such an interesting color to correlate with emotion, because it's on both ends of the spectrum. On one end you have happiness, falling in love, infatuation with someone, passion, all that. On the other end, you've got obsession, jealousy, danger, fear, anger and frustration.— Taylor Swift