Things I Have Done
There are a number of things I haven't done because I had no interest in doing them. However, there are some things I have done that others might not be interested in doing.
The things I haven't done were listed in another article. (See link below). The things I have done are listed in this companion article.
AROUND THE HOUSE
- I have put tile on an entire floor.
- I have mowed the lawn.
- I have designed a flower garden.
- I have owned an aquarium.
- I have owned a car in most colors: white, black, silver, red, green, and blue.
- I have driven a postal truck.
- I have gotten one speeding ticket.
JOBS AND CAREERS
- I have been a nanny to triplets named Renny, Denny, and Penny.
- I have worked in the cotton field.
- I have worked as a postal clerk.
- I have been a postal carrier.
- I have been an acting postmaster in New Jersey and Virginia.
- I have worked as a secretary in the Post Office.
- I have worked in a hospital as a secretary.
- I have taught English, keyboarding, computers, and religious courses in high schools and colleges.
- I have facilitated workshops in numerous churches in the Richmond, Virginia Tri-City area.
- I worked for my professors when I was in college and seminary.
- I have been an online writer for ten years.
- I write for two online sites: HubPages and Vocal.
- I wrote my high school senior class song, but they wouldn't let me sing it because I can't sing.
- I produced a musical play at the Carpenter Center in Richmond, Virginia.
- I wrote and produced a couple of plays at a former church.
- I taught myself to type on a piece of cardboard because I couldn't afford a typewriter. The first thing I bought after getting a job was a Smith-Corona blue typewriter with a carriage return.
- I taught myself to use all software.
- I had about 12 Mac computers and took them to agencies to train employees to use them.
- I called a business college to inquire about the school. I was hired during the conversation to teach English without applying for a job. The employer said she liked the way I talked.
- I own three desktop computers including an older Mac.
- I own three laptops.
- I own two iPADS.
- Have traveled to the Middle East.
- Stayed in Jordan for a week.
- Stayed in Egypt for a week.
- Stayed in Israel for a week.
- I gave a presentation in Jericho.
- I served Holy Communion for the first time on Mt. Nebo to 97 classmates and professors.
- I have walked where Jesus walked in the Holy Land.
- I have been to dozens of states in the United States.
- I have been to Puerto Rico, to St. Thomas, to Canada twice, and to the Bahamas three times.
- The only continent I have visited is Asia.
- I have ridden on a horse and a camel.
- I have traveled on a hydroplane.
- I have traveled in a taxi, on a bus, train, and airplane.
- I have lived in Virginia, New York, New Jersey, and Maryland.
- I have a library of over 7,000 books.
- I own 38 Bible in different versions including Hebrew and Greek.
- Some books I have read multiple times.
- I have written and published two books.
- I have published 12-E-books.
- I write calligraphy.
- I do HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) - Codes for changing words into links.
- I am familiar with six languages: English, French, Spanish, Hebrew, Greek, and Pig Latin.
- I have owned a typing service.
- I owned and published a magazine.
- In conjunction with Single Unlimited Magazine (SUM), I was a matchmaker.
- I started and operated a Bible School for 22 years.
- I passed all requirements to become an insurance agent.
- I was on jury duty once.
- One of my businesses was audited by the IRS.
FOODS AND DRINKS
- I eat chicken cooked in some way every week.
- I eat snow crab legs.
- I eat bagels.
- I have eaten smoked oysters.
- I have eaten frog legs, pig feet, and chitterlings.
WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAMS
- I have used Weight Watchers.
- I have used Jenny Craig.
- I have used Nutrisystem.
FUN, GAMES, AND ACTIVITIES
- I am a trivia buff.
- I watch game shows.
- I watch "Jeopardy!"
- I watch "Wheel of Fortune."
- I watch romantic movies on the Hallmark channel.
- I watch the Lifetime channel.
- I have had three birthday parties: at 40, 55, and 60.
- I can use a hula hoop.
- I still remember how to hopscotch.
- I have a Bachelor's degree in English.
- I have two Master's degrees in Christian Education and Divinity.
- I attended four seminaries in one consortium at the same time.
- I received two masters at the same seminary graduation.
- I graduated from seminary 30 years after graduating from college.
- I mastered Hebrew better than Greek in seminary.
- As an English major, I took an entire semester studying all of William Shakespeare's plays and can recite lines from most of them.
- I have a Facebook account.
- I have a Twitter account.
- I have a Pinterest account.
- I have a LinkedIn account.
- I have a Google account.
- I have an E-Message ministry.
NEWSPAPERS, RADIO, TV
- My first article was published in my local newspaper when I was a junior in high school. It is still popular and read today. The link is listed below.
- I was interviewed on television when I started my first business "Singles Unlimited."
- I was the subject of a documentary on WXEX-TV 8 as a rising entrepreneur.
- I had my own blog talk radio program. Broadcasts are still available on Blog Talk Radio. Churches use the talks in their Bible Studies.
- The City of Richmond honored me for training employees and finding jobs for them.
- A local church gave me a "Light in the Church and Community" Award.
- The first wedding I officiated was my own father's and dozens of others after that.
- For a long time, I was the person the family chose to deliver family eulogies.
- I started a Bible School in Partnership with Oral Roberts University where I trained over 50 students to become pastors, ministers, and other leaders in the church.
- I started an online E-Message ministry 22 years ago. Messages are still being read all over the world.
- I have belonged to dozens of churches during my lifetime, including Baptist, Presbyterian, Assembly of God, and Non-Denominational.
- I have preached and/or facilitated faith-based workshops at most churches in the Richmond Tri-City area.
- I discovered a sister I didn't know I had until we were adults. My name is Margaret. Her name is Peggy which is a derivative of Margaret. We look alike.
- I became friends with a classmate in high school. We went to the same college. We are still friends after 60 years. Her name is Margaret like mine.
- I collect butterflies.
- I can change batteries in most watches.
- Things I Have Never Done
Most people have done a variety of things which I haven't done. That is not to say I'm an oddball. I just haven't done some of the things the average person has done. On the other hand, I have done many things that the average person hasn't done.
- What is Life?
I wrote this essay in 1962 at the age of 16 when I was a junior in high school. It was published in the local newspaper. I have shared this essay with people I have met in every phase of my life.