The article entitled "This Year" was one that I posted on E-Zine articles and was so popular that I thought I would share it here on my Hubpages.
We all know, now that 2008 is finally over, it was not our best year on record. What with job layoffs, gas prices hitting an historic high and stock prices an alarming low, it appears that each and every one of us was touched this year by our very volatile economy. The good news, however, is that we can all now breathe a collective sigh of relief because we all get a brand spanking new, "do over"! It has never been the year 2009 before and it never will be again. So, with that said, let's all throw our resolutions into a giant collective "hat" and see if those "laws of attraction" really work.
Please bear with me for just one self-serving resolution. After all, each of us deserves at least one this year, we've earned it!
1. I am going to sell my screenplay and, John Cusack is going to play "Jack" my disfigured fireman, hero. And don't worry, (I will find a part for Joan too).
2. I want to start a foundation for animal rescue and I also want to help shut down all of the puppy mills around the world and the pet stores that feed those mills.
3 I want to start a "good news" website that will inspire all of us to give to others, fight for what we believe in and share stories about the "heros" that have touched our lives.
4. I want to give what little I have to those in need because I know without a doubt, we get back ten fold when we give to those less fortunate and it's also such a great feeling!
5. I want to be a better listener so I won't miss that small inner voice when it instructs me to check on a neighbor or call a friend I haven't heard from in awhile; lend a shoulder to cry on or to give a hand to a stranger....
6. I want to get out more and observe the beautiful world around me.
7. I want to spend more time with family and friends and let them know how important they are to me.
8. I never want to take another moment for granted and I want to use those precious moments to count my blessings every day.
9. I want to start a gratitude journal so that I never forget what I am grateful for. And when I feel a "pity" party coming on, I'll use my journal to remind me of how fortunate I really am.
10. I am going to make an effort to smile more, laugh more and love more.
Bonnie Howell has been writing for over eight years. She has written two screenplays, short stories, articles on medical issues, animals, internet addiction and many other subjects. She is a passionate animal lover, voracious reader but most of all loves to write. The research she does for her writing every day, led her to see a real need for quality writing out there, free of misspellings and grammatical errors. So she decided to put her two passions together. Writing and helping people succeed. She started her own website publishing business called Howell Publishing where customers can pay a set price for articles or even bid on what they would like to pay per article. If you need quality content, a fair price and a fast turn-around, please visit her website at: http://yourarticlewriter.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Bonnie_Howell